[TECH] Apple announces iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods and more

Author Topic: [TECH] Apple announces iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods and more  (Read 8749 times)

also announced new "airpods" bluetooth headphones
Extremely small, expensive, and completely un-tethered objects. "How I lost my airpods" is going to be the newest hot meme of 2017, I guarantee it.

I'm actually tempted to go with this as my next phone (sadly). After having my moms iPhone 6 for a while now, I quite like the features it has and I might be receiving an Apple Watch (1st series) 38mm... Also I like what I'm seeing with iOS 10. The stereo speakers and the camera on the 7 Plus intrigues me too, plus the waterproofing seems pretty handy. Yeah, it might have a 1080p screen, but iPhone screens have always been colorful and bright, so I won't mind. And no, I don't want it as a status symbol like most people.
Yes, I am bothered by the headphone jack removal though. I'm slightly relieved they include a little lightning to 3.5mm jack adapter and lightning Ear Pods for free though.

i don't want a thin phone tho
i want to be able to grip my phone without fear of it sliding/falling out of my hands
i want more power in my phone and more battery

it's not thinner

also while im at it iphone's imessage system is incredibly useful and it's one of the big reasons androids are getting their teeth kicked in by apple. only thing that i'm pissed at apple for is their dumb iphone specific chargers. literally everything uses microusb except apple, but everyone has an iphone so the point becomes kinda moot.
i don't want a thin phone tho
i want to be able to grip my phone without fear of it sliding/falling out of my hands
i want more power in my phone and more battery
being thinner is only one of the things that could happen (probably will happen, but not to the extent you may be imagining). there's a lot of stuff that could come out of not having restrictions on the shape / thickness of a phone, we've just yet to see it. there have been some cool concepts though.

I'm actually tempted to go with this as my next phone (sadly). After having my moms iPhone 6 for a while now, I quite like the features it has and I might be receiving an Apple Watch (1st series) 38mm... Also I like what I'm seeing with iOS 10. The stereo speakers and the camera on the 7 Plus intrigues me too, plus the waterproofing seems pretty handy. Yeah, it might have a 1080p screen, but iPhone screens have always been colorful and bright, so I won't mind. And no, I don't want it as a status symbol like most people.
Yes, I am bothered by the headphone jack removal though. I'm slightly relieved they include a little lightning to 3.5mm jack adapter and lightning Ear Pods for free though.
Just don't. Don't encourage their scummy practices. At the very least, go for the 6 or the 6 plus instead of the 7. You'll save money on accessories and your experience will be nearly identical.

also while im at it iphone's imessage system is incredibly useful and it's one of the big reasons androids are getting their teeth kicked in by apple. only thing that i'm pissed at apple for is their dumb iphone specific chargers. literally everything uses microusb except apple, but everyone has an iphone so the point becomes kinda moot.

You're stuffting me, right? You couldn't possibly think this?

you think that??????

You're stuffting me, right? You couldn't possibly think this?

you think that??????
well i'll be damned
i go to school with rich white people so everyone has an iphone lol

The audio jack is one the smallest things impeding phone cosmetics.
Battery, camera and screen technology is a lot more important than the 3.5mm audio jack

well i'll be damned
i go to school with rich white people so everyone has an iphone lol
wow your tribal

Just don't. Don't encourage their scummy practices. At the very least, go for the 6 or the 6 plus instead of the 7. You'll save money on accessories and your experience will be nearly identical.
I can get the phone for ~$400 due to my parents getting half off of Apple products. Also the 6 and 6 plus don't have stereo speakers, the new camera, waterproofing, 3D touch, etc. I have a 6 currently if you actually read the entire thing.

I can get the phone for ~$400 due to my parents getting half off of Apple products. Also the 6 and 6 plus don't have stereo speakers, the new camera, waterproofing, 3D touch, etc. I have a 6 currently if you actually read the entire thing.
You can get the newest samsung s7 edge phone that has nearly most if not all of those features, for the same price iirc

I may be wrong with the price I was, it's 700, not 400 - 500

Still though, the S7 Edge is a MUCH better value for the price compared to the overpriced iPhone 7
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:25:29 PM by Insert Name Here² »

Battery, camera and screen technology is a lot more important than the 3.5mm audio jack

yeah but it still opens up a lot of opportunities now that 1 of the problems is out of the way. the thing is that we knew how to fix the problem of headphone jacks, (removing them) but not necessarily those other things. companies were just too nervous to take the first step.

deep in your heart you know that they wanted to name the airpods the airbuds but couldnt

Exactly, and they could even have made 7 owners pay for the adapter
The only issue I would find at this change is you can't charge and listen to music at the same time which is absolutely dumb

cant wait to have the 7, BUT

THE CAMERA STILL forgetIN PROTRUDES!!!

also im wayyyy too scared those very expensive earbuds are goign to accidently fall out of my ears and break on the ground or get lost when im e.g at the very busy trainstation of utrecht centraal