What new map should I attempt to make/finish

Grassy outdoor hill map
ROBLOX Glass Houses
DOOM 1 e1m1 Hangar
DOOM 1 e1m2 Nuclear Plant
DOOM 2 map13 Downtown
City skyscraper roof map
ROBLOX Ultimate Paintball

Author Topic: Deathmatch Gamemode v25  (Read 67218 times)

Probably the smallest update so far: v14!
(i go up in whole numbers so i wont stress myself over what's a major and a minor update. i'll only go up in decimals, like i have for some of my fallout new vegas mods, for mistakes like accidentally leaving out a file)

Times are changing: This is the first update where I've actually kept a change log:

-Fixed Battle Grounds map not having the correct team colors by making the third team blue. The gamemode does not accept maps that have duplicate team colors, even if your map forces two teams.
-Added DarkLight to credits.
-Fixed tips still showing up after playing the gamemode.
-Removed debug player stat editing command. I never used it in development. Just edit player's saves using a text editor or something.
-Removed Fallout 2 song from music pack and gamemode.txt.

I've also organised the maps in the OP more, and added a download all link.
You'll need to redownload the battle grounds map which is in the default ports pack.

Now that we got that out of the way, let me list some of the v13 changes that I forgot to mention on that post:
Player deaths have been modified to fix bugs and for other additions:
  -Added more lower pitched default death sounds
  -Added the (battlefield?) scream from the SpeedKart Gamemode as a random death sound :)
  -Restored some death sound effects that were commented out/removed in earlier deathmatch versions as random death sounds.

The HUD will point out to the player if they are cloakable (by using the spy kit) in the same fashion it would if the player was small/big/squished.

Round start messages are colored as the color of the player's team if its a team round.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:33:28 AM by Crispy_ »

Very often Players spawn as Jet Players, Which makes a lot of maps really not fun to play on.  It would be a lot better if they got changed to Fuel Jets.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:43:55 PM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

Very often Players spawn as Full Jet Players,

Please say "Very often players spawn with jets" instead. Nobody called the blockhead a "Full Jet Blockhead". What's next, Half Jet Blockhead? Sure can't wait for Quarter Jet Blockhead too.

Please say "Very often players spawn with jets" instead. Nobody called the blockhead a "Full Jet Blockhead". What's next, Half Jet Blockhead? Sure can't wait for Quarter Jet Blockhead too.
I said full jet so people wouldn't get confused with the other Jet types.

I said full jet so people wouldn't get confused with the other Jet types.

Nobody will think you mean fuel/jump/leap jets if you say just "jets". It's a given that jets alone means the normal jets, therefore the standard blockhead's jets.

Nobody will think you mean fuel/jump/leap jets if you say just "jets". It's a given that jets alone means the normal jets, therefore the standard blockhead's jets.
Okay, Jeez.

There is no code in place to spawn players as the standard player, if that's what you mean. I don't know how you managed that. You might be confused by the player that has no jet bar, but has jets, which is the jump jet i think which is just like 1 second of jetting.

With permission from Hodot, I've ported their ROBLOX Crossroads Gamemode to my gamemode as a map.

Old school weapons are still scattered about, the only big difference is that it's now floating in the air like the happy home map.
Some ladders also work differently.

The same loadout as in its gamemode is given in arcade and classic rounds. Brick damage is on like in its gamemode.

It's been added to the OP and to the download all link. Enjoy!

I've released v15, and kept a record of my changes! Amazing!

- Added a custom colorset. Compatable with default colors.

- Adjusted admin help commands a bit.

- Host set executed add-ons are now executed after gamemode code files instead of before.
This makes community "patches" easier without needing to edit the gamemode itself.

- Moved GameConnection::onClientEnterGame edits to GameConnection::AutoAdminCheck.
This means some stuff will correctly happen when a player joins a server, not when they're done loading.

- Pinball Launcher is slightly faster.

- Optimised /setAddOn commands.

- Added ability to choose preferred shotgun and sniper.
Choosing one will replace given shotgun/sniper with the type wanted if set. For example, a player picking up an oldschool shotgun will be given the classic shotgun instead. By default this favors the "classic" weapons. You can change it to favor old school, or to allow both like the gamemode did before.

- Ovehauled credits command.
Specific add-ons and links to add-ons are provided now, in many lists.

- Added Random Melee round type.
Players spawn with melee items only.

- Added more music:
INCOMPETECH_-_Industrial_Cinematic
PAYDAY_2_-_Black_Yellow_Moebius
PAYDAY_2_-_Calling_All_Units
PAYDAY_2_-_Fuse_Box
PAYDAY_2_-_Tick_Tock
PAYDAY_2_-_Time_Window

- Added support for more themes:
"Base" and "Military" play same music as "Facility"
"Hell" plays same music as "Lava"
"Island", "Ocean", "Ship", and "Sea" play same music as "Pirate"
"City", "Town", and "Modern" play same music as "Urban"
"Fantasy" plays same music as "Medieval"
"Desert", "Wasteland", "Wild West", and "Cowboy" play same music as "Egypt"
"Halloween" plays same music as "Spooky"
NEW THEME: "Space"
"Space Ship" and "Galactic" play same music as "Space"

- Overhauled how team rounds work.
Now it's an entirely separate round-type-like global variable. This adds room for expansion and makes it easier to deal with.
I mostly did this because I have some ideas for special team rounds. :)

- Player names in chat are now colored based on their team.
As a result of this, team clan tags have been removed. The chat stuff had to be "recoded" from default stuff like with the team chat, but it should be safe as color codes (like /c3) do not work and it strips <color: <font: <bitmap: and <just: from chat. <just: is also now stripped from team chat.

- Player names are now shown at team round ends instead of the team name.
Player names are also team colored.

- Winner clan tag has been fixed and now shows up in chat if the round winner talks before the round transition ends.

Maps have been untouched so you don't need to redownload those. You will need to redownload the music however, if you don't use the musicless version.
Also the gamemode is now on Blockland Nexus. Nobody here uses that though, but whatever.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:08:00 AM by Crispy_ »

Hey Crispy_, Where do i put the music files, in the ordinary music folder?

Hey Crispy_, Where do i put the music files, in the ordinary music folder?
Yeah.

kay, i figured it out before looking at the response, thanks for trying to help anyway, Here's a cookie for effort.

:cookie:

Now, Where do i put the allmaps zip file?

nevermind, i discovered it was a plain addon, not an ordinary .bls file, Forget this question

Now, Where do i put the allmaps zip file?
Put the music where the music goes and put the add-ons where the add-ons go.

Maps go in Add-Ons.
Music goes in Add-Ons/music
GameMode_DeathMatch goes in Add-Ons.

edit: post was edited

Absolutely loving brilliant.