What new map should I attempt to make/finish

Grassy outdoor hill map
ROBLOX Glass Houses
DOOM 1 e1m1 Hangar
DOOM 1 e1m2 Nuclear Plant
DOOM 2 map13 Downtown
City skyscraper roof map
ROBLOX Ultimate Paintball

Author Topic: Deathmatch Gamemode v25  (Read 67225 times)

Chaos canyon is complete! It took many hour long sessions of non-stop building, but it's finally here.

It has the same loadout as Happy Home in arcade/classic rounds, and some structures are built with smaller bricks to make them easier to destory.

It's not 100% accurate to the real Chaos Canyon, but it feels the same for sure.
(I did somewhat "cheat" a bit by using the newdup's /fillbricks command in some places, but the brickcount is still not absurdly high)

Get it from the Roblox pack or the All Maps pack.

Kaje's Castle is also a playable map now.

Get it from the Default Ports pack or the All Maps pack.

The Pyramid's loadout also now contains spears instead of bows, and the Bedroom now has a proper image that's been put in the OP.

v22:

- Fixed force2teams config setting doing nothing.

- Killstreaks have had many tweaks, including using center print instead of bottom print in places, and lower requirements for messages to appear.

- Fixed Big Boned, Blockland Bug, and Revenge achievements.

- Removed bouncy ray and shotgun.

- Misc fixes.

This is very likely to be the final version, there seems to be no major bugs left. Be sure to notify me if you find something wrong with the gamemode though.
My next focus will be making more parts of this gamemode into standalone add-ons, such as the modified grapple rope, the admin tags, etc.

This is very likely to be the final version, there seems to be no major bugs left.
RIP

Hey Crispy_, do I need to reinstall the addon over and over to get the updates? Cause i've never gotten notified about updates recently...

pointless edit
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:09:15 AM by Superfun909 »

Hey Crispy_, do I need to reinstall the addon over and over to get the updates? Cause i've never gotten notified about updates recently...
Yes, unless you've downloaded it though Blockland Glass. (i dont recommend doing it that way however)

This is not linked with any updater stuff. If you care enough about the gamemode though, you can activate email notifications for new posts made in this topic, through the button.

v22.1:
- Fixed string prefs.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:31:18 AM by Crispy_ »

bump. making a new post to announce that v1L of the lite version of deathmatch is now complete:

Many features have been stripped out and cleaned up with the intention of simplifying the gamemode. The end goal is to leave the gamemode in a state where it could be mistaken as a default gamemode, or could be implemented into the game as-is by the creator of the game. (though unlikely)

- Many features from the DeathMatch main version have been stripped out.
- Addons included in the gamemode are no longer used, except for the akimbo rocket launcher which can be disabled.
- Non-default items have "proxies," they're replaced by default items when spawned or given to players.
- Maps made for the main version of DeathMatch should be compatable.

it's deathmatch without all the fluff. it's very basic but it's as default-style as you can get. it's also perfect as a base to work off of when creating a new gamemode.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:38:25 AM by Crispy_ »

What about a gamemode editor

I mean as in a in-game clientside thing
use notepad++ (or another text editing program) and edit the gamemode's internal files.

otherwise, you'd be """making""" a gamemode through limited options. if you want something like this, you have slayer. support_preferences is also a gamemode editor by your definition there, so you have that. not to mention you have an entire events system. you can make some pretty neat stuff with those.

I remade e1m1 if you want to use it.  It's not the best, but I did what I could.  Obviously you can modify it to your liking.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:48:13 PM by Electrk. »

How do you add maps? I tried adding them to saves folder, and add-ons folder.

How do you add maps? I tried adding them to saves folder, and add-ons folder.
Put the maps into your add-ons folder like you would with speedkart tracks.

Forums are back, now I can post the change logs for the updates I did.

v23:

Changed prefs into normal $Pref::Server:: prefs. Deathmatch prefs are no longer stored in their own file
You will need to redo your settings, but this should be easier to deal with in the long run.

Removed pref presets

Chat message commands are now nearly identical to source code. This should make the chat safer and more true to default blockland
Because this is nearly default chat, Deathmatch's own flood protection pref has been removed in favor of the default pref

Team chat message is now the same color as the team

Admin tags have been removed - May be moved to a standalone add-on

Removed hide admin commands pref - admin commands will now always be hidden

Removed pref-changing commands to simplify things - you now need to use Glass or RTB to change the prefs.

Left-handed rocket launcher doesn't play the weapon switch sound anymore. This is to be consistent with akimbo guns and other weapons.

v2L:

Restored events from full version, but they do nothing. This is so maps will load better.

Restored health indicator from full version.

Restored bottom print map loading message from full version.

Attempted to fix vehicle proxies. (shocker: they're still broken!)

Removed admin alert messages.

Left-handed rocket launcher doesn't play the weapon switch sound anymore. This is to be consistent with akimbo guns and other weapons.

The lite version has also been uploaded to Glass. It's under review currently.

By the way, you can always submit bugs and maybe even pull requests through the GitHub, would be VERY helpful!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:52:35 AM by Crispy_ »