What was the worst Windows OS and what was the best Windows OS?

Author Topic: What was the worst Windows OS and what was the best Windows OS?  (Read 2904 times)

Best - Windows 10
Worst - Windows 98

Best - Windows 10
Worst - Windows 98
wtf

worst-me then vista
best-7

Worst - Windows 8 and 8.1
Best - Windows 10

I used Windows XP most of the time before 8 but XP just doesn't get on 10's level for me, I also used Vista but that was just stuff. Windows 7 was alright but I perfer Windows 10 out of all of them

wtf
Windows 95, 98, and ME were based on a separate kernel from the Windows NT one that ran XP and beyond. That entire family of OSes had some pretty notorious problems and performance issues and current popularity is fueled by nostalgia of the games available at the time and stuff like Vinesauce Joel Windows 98 Destruction.

I'm still on Windows 8.1 and honestly I've never had issues when moving from XP -> Vista -> 7 -> 8.1.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why everyone hates Vista. Sure it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why everyone hates Vista. Sure it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't terrible.

It was a memory hog and a bit glitchy. Especially terrible considering the average amount of ram at the time was 2gb.

went from xp to 7 to 10

my laptop had 8.1 for a while and i hated that. love win 10

It was a memory hog and a bit glitchy. Especially terrible considering the average amount of ram at the time was 2gb.
Fair enough.

Windows 95, 98, and ME were based on a separate kernel from the Windows NT one that ran XP and beyond.
um they ran on MSDOS like the previous versions. Windows XP ran both on DOS and NT. Vista was the first step to get rid of DOS.

I have a soft spot for vista because it never did anything but what it was supposed to do. No crashes, errors, bugs etc. Upgrading to 7 caused an issue here and there and don't even get me started on the fiasco that is 8 -> 8.1

Best is win10 or win7 maybe

Worst definitely Vista

Windows 95, 98, and ME were based on a separate kernel from the Windows NT one that ran XP and beyond. That entire family of OSes had some pretty notorious problems and performance issues and current popularity is fueled by nostalgia of the games available at the time and stuff like Vinesauce Joel Windows 98 Destruction.

I'm still on Windows 8.1 and honestly I've never had issues when moving from XP -> Vista -> 7 -> 8.1.
umm i know what dos and nt is okay dont educate me
98 was cool and all, i guess the device support sucked in comparison to ME but ME was memory hoggy and nobody liked it, 98 was better for its time than ME imho

Best: XP, 7, 10
Worst: Vista, ME
ME says it right in the title: Mistake Edition. Super unstable and broken OS.
I love XP just for the nostalgia value alone (first OS i ever used). Everything about the OS felt just right to me. Who doesn't love the beautiful luna theme and the great bliss?
7 was a great leap ahead of the crappy vista and was my OS for quite some time (a few years).
Vista was the most sluggish piece of crap ever made.
Windows 10 is a great OS which I'm currently using, it works nicely and has good features.

um they ran on MSDOS like the previous versions. Windows XP ran both on DOS and NT. Vista was the first step to get rid of DOS.
I looked it up to be sure and I'm not seeing any version of Windows XP that ran on MS-DOS. I'm seeing that XP was based on NT 5.x and maintained some backwards compatibility with MS-DOS through use of a virtual machine.

umm i know what dos and nt is okay dont educate me
Oh go forget yourself with that stuff. No one cares how big your nerd e-peen is.

Did anybody liked Windows 98 Plus! (AKA Windows 98 Second Edition)