Ubisoft's "The Crew" is free. (PC only)

Author Topic: Ubisoft's "The Crew" is free. (PC only)  (Read 1222 times)

is this game any good?
i don't feel like downloading uplay and all that crap if it's not fun

My stupid dumbass piece of stuff friend bitched at me for loving months to buy this garbage loving game and eventually I just went ahead and dropped like $40 on it so he'd shut the hell up about it, and two weeks later it's free. The driving feels like garbage, the physics is classic Ubisoft trash sorta like you saw in Watch Dogs, the lag compensation is basically non-existant, the story is probably the worst story I have ever had to suffer through in a video game, and in general it's just loving boring. And incredibly grindy too, I spent like 10 hours wandering all over the place looking for some car parts to unlock some cool special car and when I finally finished it told me I was 40 levels too low to drive it. It also tries to shove DLC in every orifice of your body at every opportunity possible, and it asks you to pay real life money to unlock certain cars.

This game legitimately isn't even worth the effort required to install UPlay or the bandwidth to download it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:38:44 PM by Rally »

I like it due to the massive open world and that you can drive anywhere there, and you get to customize your cars and race against other players , so I'd only recommend it for people who really likes driving, I agree that the driving physics are rather questionable and could be better, and the engine sounds are not so good, but I played it for a while and I had a lot of fun with it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:07:20 PM by Filipe »

Even as a Ubistooge, I can't recommend this game. There's a lot of...problems.

The rest of Ubi30 should be better, although there's one or two titles I'm still a bit iffy on.

Yes you need uplay if you want to play it.

>"the crew" is free
>" you need uplay"
> Uplay makes you pay with blood sacrifice whenever you accidentally install and attempt to uninstall it
one of these things doesn't belong here

Jesus Utah to Michigan in one night is exhilarating

i won it in a raffle like two weeks ago

its unplayable anywhere in any city

i got it for free awhile ago with xbox gold and i haven't even touched the story (other than the intro missions so i could just get into the game and roam free) or the store. I just have a nice looking car and I go take roadtrips to different places, usually with friends over. it's pretty fun. gives me and my friends time to just chat and we switch drivers sometimes.

I was actually gonna check today what day the September Ubi30 game was available. Now I haven't heard many great things about The Crew, but I'll claim it cause why not and its cool to see that its a newer Ubisoft game that they're giving away. Makes me wonder what the last three games are.

i dropped 20 bucks on this game and it's boring as stuff. it's just sitting on my ps4 hard drive metaphorically rotting away.