Author Topic: Sony Vegas 14 announced  (Read 2876 times)

If you're complaining about this software being 199 bucks, then all in all you're pretty spoiled and ignorant, to be honest.

Do you guys really think a company who makes a program so powerful and so well packed full of features, that even some of the highest Youtubers, some film / TV companies, will release it for pennies? Making a program as intensive and capable of such high end projects like this takes so much time to perfect and make, along with the funds that go towards making it. Hell, getting it at $199 is a steal compared to how useful and capable of creating such high end stuff this program is able to make.

If you think this is too expensive, go back to Windows Live Movie Maker.

FL Studios is a 99$ investment and turns back thousands of dollars in profit.
Sony Vegas is a 200$ investment and turns back a hundred or two from editing oddjobs.

I would never invest in an editing software even if i was stuck in the desert and an old man was offering me water for video edits
Last I checked, FL Studios is made for music ONLY and Sony Vegas is made for medium - high end video editing and production.

Stop comparing apples to oranges
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:50:41 PM by Insert Name Here² »

If you're complaining about this software being 199 bucks, then all in all you're pretty spoiled and ignorant, to be honest.
what
Do you guys really think a company who makes a program so powerful and so well packed full of features, that even some of the highest Youtubers, some film / TV companies, will release it for pennies? Making a program as intensive and capable of such high end projects like this takes so much time to perfect and make, along with the funds that go towards making it. Hell, getting it at $199 is a steal compared to how useful and capable of creating such high end stuff this program is able to make.
if it was at a lower price point (like $100 or something) then they would sell more copies and make more money off a product that has a virtually unlimited supply
Stop comparing apples to oranges
he's saying that you'll be able to make more money off a different, cheaper program cunt

companies make TV shows on sony vegas, it's one of the most widely used programs for that kind of thing. of course its going to be $200+. $200 is fairly cheap for the moment, considering vegas 13 is like $600

what Is it not true? I'm using ignorant in the term of "un-taught or un-learned" by the way.

if it was at a lower price point (like $100 or something) then they would sell more copies and make more money off a product that has a virtually unlimited supply This would be true, however at this price, most of the people buying and using it would barely even be using it to any extent other than extremely basic stuff, and other people higher up in the spectrum would think it's worthless due to the price.

he's saying that you'll be able to make more money off a different, cheaper program cunt A program which is only made for making music. If you're looking to get a video editing program, suggesting a music making program is pretty idiotic since it's the opposite of what you want / need.
Replies in bold

companies make TV shows on sony vegas, it's one of the most widely used programs for that kind of thing. of course its going to be $200+. $200 is fairly cheap for the moment, considering vegas 13 is like $600
Basically this.

i dont have money so i'll stick to my vegas 12
i think its vegas 12 lol

i dont have money so i'll stick to my vegas 12
i think its vegas 12 lol
I don't have money too, so I'm going to stick with Movie Studio.

he's saying that you'll be able to make more money off a different, cheaper program cunt
forget didn't fully realize what you were saying at first

When you're in either Music or Video development for your career, both have there Pros and Cons. For music however, yes you'll make more money, but to even get barely noticed in the entire community for it takes extreme dedication, being able to create new and unique sounding creations, along with having high quality sounds and fast production rate. Even if you do get noticed by the community, it's still hard to be able to make significant money off of it and if you do, the chances of being ones of those multi-million dollar musical artists is slimmer than a razor's edge.

If any part of what I said is wrong, then be sure to correct me with an example of such pls

Is it not true? I'm using ignorant in the term of "un-taught or un-learned" by the way.
Why would a person be ignorant and spoiled for thinking that $200 for an upgrade from previous software is too expensive?
This would be true, however at this price, most of the people buying and using it would barely even be using it to any extent other than extremely basic stuff, and other people higher up in the spectrum would think it's worthless due to the price.
That's really stupid reasoning. Caveat emptor and stuff; if they're buying it then Magix has already made their money and no longer needs to care and the consumer has the product to do whatever they wish with.
If they product is demonstrated to be loving great like you say it is then they will most certainly not think it's worthless and will even save a couple hundred on the budget.
A program which is only made for making music. If you're looking to get a video editing program, suggesting a music making program is pretty idiotic since it's the opposite of what you want / need.
it's still not what he's saying
he's saying that the return from making and selling music in fl studio is higher than the return from editing videos in magix vegas 14

Their products, in the same manner as Adobe and Autodesk, aren't necessarily intended for individual consumers. It's a bit like the difference in cost between a Ferrari and a Renault; the production costs are high, and a high price also breeds a bit of exclusivity and makes the product seem more "legitimate". There's also no guarantee that reducing the price will increase interest in the product, especially in such a niche like video editing where anybody who is a professional already has their favourite choice of software and probably doesn't care much for price over features/functionality.

While they may not necessarily have many more "features" than cheaper counter-parts, these hyper-expensive software products are specifically designed to shave down a company's production time by a large margin (with very small time-saving tools, shortcuts and pre-made content that comes with the editor), which ultimately reduces cost for the buyer. If you're able to edit a show in half the time on one bit of software vs. the other, that's a significant amount of money you just saved, and it's likely those savings will occur for every show you edit.

You have to remember too; this is a one-time price (if we forget about Adobe's CC subscription service for a moment). Ideally, you will recuperate the difference between a cheaper competitor and the expensive software you bought easily with the first product, and then your future products will all return a profit.

Reminder their market is professionals and not teenagers

Why would a person be ignorant and spoiled for thinking that $200 for an upgrade from previous software is too expensive?
Ignorant for not knowing the worth and how capable the program costs. Plus it's a $200 ONE TIME pay, unlike other companies who charge 30 - 200 bucks a month. Sony Vegas, buy it once and don't worry about it again. Those other places? Nope gotta pay a monthly fee. In general, one time pay is much better and more budget / cost efficient than monthly.

I'll have to drop the spoiled part though, my bad.

That's really stupid reasoning. Caveat emptor and stuff; if they're buying it then Magix has already made their money and no longer needs to care and the consumer has the product to do whatever they wish with.
If they product is demonstrated to be loving great like you say it is then they will most certainly not think it's worthless and will even save a couple hundred on the budget
I do somewhat agree with what you said, to be honest. Shoud've taken a moment to fully think it through, but note that some people / companies will do this

it's still not what he's saying
he's saying that the return from making and selling music in fl studio is higher than the return from editing videos in magix vegas 14
forget didn't fully realize what you were saying at first

When you're in either Music or Video development for your career, both have there Pros and Cons. For music however, yes you'll make more money, but to even get barely noticed in the entire community for it takes extreme dedication, being able to create new and unique sounding creations, along with having high quality sounds and fast production rate. Even if you do get noticed by the community, it's still hard to be able to make significant money off of it and if you do, the chances of being ones of those multi-million dollar musical artists is slimmer than a razor's edge.

If any part of what I said is wrong, then be sure to correct me with an example of such pls

This too

Ignorant for not knowing the worth and how capable the program costs. Plus it's a $200 ONE TIME pay, unlike other companies who charge 30 - 200 bucks a month. Sony Vegas, buy it once and don't worry about it again. Those other places? Nope gotta pay a monthly fee. In general, one time pay is much better and more budget / cost efficient than monthly.
it's a $200 one time pay if you already bought the last iteration of the program
i seriously wish more companies would target hobbyists
we've got stuff to do too
also reminder that we're talking about hypothetical situations

conspiracy theory: they're keeping the price point high to essentially prevent hobbyists from creating great content because studios are paying them
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:17:12 PM by Daswiruch »

it's a $200 one time pay if you already bought the last iteration of the progra
Which is better than a monthly pay, still. Would you rather buy a program and have it be the end of that, or would you want to download a program, and have to pay monthly fees for pretty much forever until you unsubscribe?

For content creators alike, a single-time pay is much better than a monthly fee, mainly due to the fact that in the future, there may be times where you're tight on money and cannot factor in the fee. So you'd drop the monthly cost and end up not being able to use the software what-so-ever, even if using it is life or death.

conspiracy theory: they're keeping the price point high to essentially prevent hobbyists from creating great content because studios are paying them
Lmfao

reading comprehension goes a long way
i wasn't giving a stuff about the monthly part of yours and pretty much ignored that
it's whatever the last program costed + $200 on top just for the latest version

well at least with monthly stuff you always have the latest iteration