Is Fallout 4 still worth getting?

Author Topic: Is Fallout 4 still worth getting?  (Read 3873 times)

My birthday is coming up soon, and I am getting some monies 4 steam, but I am playing a stuff ton of CS GO and would like to purchase cool covert/classified skins. I am also planning to buy an M9 Bayonet vanilla. However, sometimes I get bored with CS so I needed another game to play. I really wanted F4 in November and still want it, but I've heard mixed reviews. I really loved New Vegas but I still want some skins. Is it even worth buying Fallout 4 when it is on sale? I am looking for replayabilty factor and the ok story that I've heard about.

There's nothing wrong with Fallout 4, I think the whole "screw todd howard!!!!" meme has starved off by now. I got 250+ hours out of it and if you enjoyed new vegas or skyrim you'll enjoy Fallout 4 too, if not in a different way. The DLC also looks really cool and the modding community will give you more than enough content. I'd imagine you'd get more out of it than you would a knife skin on CS:GO but I don't play CS:GO so I'm not one to judge.

I would also imagine that the entirety of Fallout 4 has more potential playability than weapon skins

It's good but it isn't going to age well.

I would also imagine that the entirety of Fallout 4 has more potential playability than weapon skins
I understand, but cs is literally the only game I have been playing in the past year.

I dunno. I've had fun with FO4 and I've played through it 3? times since it's come out. I preferred FO:NV but it's not a bad game by any stretch. I guess it's whatever you prefer.

I find replayability great in games that give me plenty of choice. Fallout only has replayability for a few playthroughs. Afterwards you're probably never going to play it again.

It depends what you value. The story is generic schlock, mostly made up of recycled story tropes from the older Fallout games. The game railroads you hard and it never really feels like your choices matter at all. The only real use for non-combat related skills are to get extra caps and or items. The combat is fine, sometimes even good, but the randomly generated legendary enemies and radiant quests get boring after a while. It's fun to explore I guess, but none of the places you visit have any substance or fit into the world logically, even if they look legitimately good.

Just get it for 15 bucks or something. It's by no means a $60 or even $40 dollar game.

If you liked games like Fallout New Vegas, 1 and 2. Then don't get it. If you don't mind better gameplay and graphics over role playing and all that jazz. Then get it I guess, I personally didn't enjoy it...

Save your money and just get Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

Fallout 1,2 and New Vegas follow the correct story and are made by the original dev team.

Fallout 3 and 4 are stuffty spin-offs that don't follow stuff from the original games and I don't know why they are numbered as a sequel.

No, I like it and I am known for liking the stufftiest of games

I would wait for the version that includes all DLC (unless they dont do that anymore)

If you enjoy battlefield, play planetside 2. its f2p on steam but its lowkey pay to win

its lowkey pay to win
1. how are battlefield and planetside relevant
2. this statement is false, if you're the least bit competent you should be getting bare minimum 5 certs a minute or 300 an hour.

I would wait until all of the dlc and main game are bundled and are at a lower price. A lot of the DLC can really improve the main game depending how you play.