Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 56197 times)

unable to connect to the control pannel again

For future reference, I get both an email and a text whenever someone opens a support ticket. My desktop, laptop, phone, and watch all let me know you have a problem. Many of the current customers can vouch that I typically respond to and resolve tickets within ~15 minutes, excluding times that I'm asleep. I've pulled out my phone while out to dinner to SSH in to a server to fix it, I've left class early or pulled out my laptop multiple times, and I've gotten up in the middle of the night a few times. Really the only time I won't immediately respond to a ticket is when I'm in a dead sleep or in an exam.

I'm on vacation out of the country and don't regularly check this topic as it is usually dead. I could've fixed it within 15 minutes had you opened a support ticket. Please do so in the future. I have no way to correlate forum usernames/blids/steam accounts to your server and there's at least 26 different ones, using the support system both notifies me rigorously and provides me with all the information I need to resolve your issue.

It's been resolved.

issue unresolved
ah yes let's assume Scout will check the topic often when he's got other things to do

it's better for him to receive a notification, there's a reason why "contact support" is a thing

finally decided to update my node yesterday and now it's stuck on "Connecting..."

I'm on vacation out of the country and don't regularly check this topic as it is usually dead. I could've fixed it within 15 minutes had you opened a support ticket. Please do so in the future. I have no way to correlate forum usernames/blids/steam accounts to your server and there's at least 26 different ones, using the support system both notifies me rigorously and provides me with all the information I need to resolve your issue.

It's been resolved.

i already read that. it was 1 am. i was about to go to bed and i was already on the forums so i just posted here. I'm not in a rush right now and if i was i would have opened a ticket but I'll probably do that later today

There's been in increase in crashes the past few weeks due to servers running out of memory as well as a connection issue with the main server which has not been able to automatically restart crashed servers. I'll be pushing an update in a few minutes that should fix both, however because the connection issues are ongoing, there may be issues with that too. I'll be manually updating any server currently offline and will be available for manual restarts (via support) if there are issues with the update process.

Have you ever considered expanding your operations to other games? This seems like a nice service.

any idea why my server has over 700 ping?

any idea why my server has over 700 ping?
Looks normal to me.

I was there, we were getting long periods of nonstop jittering with only brief periods of respite

i believe it may be the jets

the server died when the gamemode was changed to Custom, so when i joined back in it was just a flat green baseplate now, no map had been loaded

so someone placed down a vehicle spawn, used the jet as i got out of the way, and the server just essentially froze with lag and i eventually lost connection waiting for the lag to stop