Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 55943 times)

I don't get why anyone would want to use digitalocean when linode offers better hardware and support, at a lower price.

I originally rented the server through a reseller and decided it would be cheaper to just pay DigitalOcean directly. It was easiest to just take the same server image and duplicate it, all within DigitalOcean. In hindsight, should have just taken that opportunity to transfer.

Hm. AWS pricing, might want to look into setting up auto-scaling as well.

Probably going to end up going with this.

Could I rent one of your servers for hosting Unturned instead of Blockland?

Hm. AWS pricing, might want to look into setting up auto-scaling as well.

Again linode offers better hardware for a lower price. Bandwidth at AWS is also ridiculously expensive.

Again linode offers better hardware for a lower price. Bandwidth at AWS is also ridiculously expensive.
Yeah, but you have nearly 100% uptime in US East and West availability zones, not to mention a richer feature suite
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:14:06 PM by Metario »

Yeah, but you have nearly 100% uptime in US East and West availability zones, not to mention a richer feature suite

Most of those features are completely useless for hosting blockland servers, though. They also cost extra...

Most of those features are completely useless for hosting blockland servers, though. They also cost extra...
No, it's not FOR hosting, it's for the frontend.

I bought a new subscription for a server, and i have my server running now but all my add-ons from my old server have been cleared and replaced by the defaults

i had a lot of script files that i had on the server and i never actually saved a copy to my computer, so now those are permanently missing. is there some way to maybe fix that

I bought a new subscription for a server, and i have my server running now but all my add-ons from my old server have been cleared and replaced by the defaults

i had a lot of script files that i had on the server and i never actually saved a copy to my computer, so now those are permanently missing. is there some way to maybe fix that

As I said in the support ticket, your server had expired 8 days ago. I typically give a few days between expiration and final termination if there's no huge demand to fill the spot and to allow you to move your stuff off of it before losing access. I responded to your support ticket about the issue you were having about 10-15 minutes after it was opened, then gave you the rest of the day until it was wiped.

I apologize that your data was lost, but I believe I provided adequate extra time to allow you to peacefully migrate away from your server.

I ordered a server more than 12 hours ago and it's still not setup. I also PMed you about 10 hours ago and still no reply. I hope I am added another day at least onto my server time. :/

I ordered a server more than 12 hours ago and it's still not setup. I also PMed you about 10 hours ago and still no reply. I hope I am added another day at least onto my server time. :/

I don't have forum notifications on and I'm apparently blocked from your PM's. Feel free to open a ticket, I'm working on it now.

edit: Issue has been resolved and I've added a few extra precautions to ensure it doesn't happen again. If you'd like to be reimbursed for the lost time and inconvenience, I'd be happy to work that out with you through PM or a support ticket.

For future reference, I get both an email and a text whenever someone opens a support ticket. My desktop, laptop, phone, and watch all let me know you have a problem. Many of the current customers can vouch that I typically respond to and resolve tickets within ~15 minutes, excluding times that I'm asleep. I've pulled out my phone while out to dinner to SSH in to a server to fix it, I've left class early or pulled out my laptop multiple times, and I've gotten up in the middle of the night a few times. Really the only time I won't immediately respond to a ticket is when I'm in a dead sleep or in an exam.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:09:21 PM by Scout31 »

I don't have forum notifications on and I'm apparently blocked from your PM's.
Oops, my bad. I set it to ignore all PMs. I don't even remember doing that lol. I think it was when I was being spammed or something.

If you'd like to be reimbursed for the lost time and inconvenience, I'd be happy to work that out with you through PM or a support ticket.
I'd like to be reimbursed at least 12 hours or a day, if that's cool. I only plan on having the server for a month most likely anyways.

For future reference, I get both an email and a text whenever someone opens a support ticket. My desktop, laptop, phone, and watch all let me know you have a problem. Many of the current customers can vouch that I typically respond to and resolve tickets within ~15 minutes, excluding times that I'm asleep. I've pulled out my phone while out to dinner to SSH in to a server to fix it, I've left class early or pulled out my laptop multiple times, and I've gotten up in the middle of the night a few times. Really the only time I won't immediately respond to a ticket is when I'm in a dead sleep or in an exam.
Yeah I just thought the best strategy would be a forum PM, because most people have notifications on. I'll use a support ticket in the future if I really need to contact you.

I don't have forum notifications on and I'm apparently blocked from your PM's. Feel free to open a ticket, I'm working on it now.

edit: Issue has been resolved and I've added a few extra precautions to ensure it doesn't happen again. If you'd like to be reimbursed for the lost time and inconvenience, I'd be happy to work that out with you through PM or a support ticket.

I really do appreciate the time and the work you have put into this.

How do I enable the addons after uploading them to the FTP server?

us7 is down due to hardware failure, should be up within an hour. edit: resolved 14:32 EDT

How do I enable the addons after uploading them to the FTP server?
Check your support ticket.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:32:52 PM by Scout31 »

us7 is down due to hardware failure, should be up within an hour. edit: resolved 14:32 EDT
Check your support ticket.
Thank you!