Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 55760 times)

Mind letting me know when Bitcoin payments get enabled?

Mind letting me know when Bitcoin payments get enabled?
Should be good to go, sorry for the delay

Will be ready this weekend
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:10:37 PM by Scout31 »

hey is there a way to manage your addons once you add them to the FTP aside from having to edit the addon list text file manually? that stuff gets annoying

hey is there a way to manage your addons once you add them to the FTP aside from having to edit the addon list text file manually? that stuff gets annoying
Use the custom gamemode menu while connected to the server.

hey can I get my password reset lol

Seeing the reactions earlier, I have to give props to Scout, atleast someone is trying to get a proper replacement to RTB and RTB Hosting completely freely, but I feel like some of the comments bashes his head too much, yes issues happen but since we can be too harsh as a community when new contents are made some modders leaves and just gives up, I just hope it won't happen this time, anyway thanks Scout and your group for providing us Blockland Glass, I really appreciate the improvements being done recently and I can tell it can only get better with time, I would like to talk to you someday if that's ok.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:58:54 PM by Filipe »

hey can I get my password reset lol
PM me your email address

Seeing the reactions earlier, I have to give props to Scout, atleast someone is trying to get a proper replacement to RTB and RTB Hosting completely freely, but I feel like some of the comments bashes his head too much, yes issues happen but since we can be too harsh as a community when new contents are made some modders leaves and just gives up, I just hope it won't happen this time, anyway thanks Scout and your group for providing us Blockland Glass, I really appreciate the improvements being done recently and I can tell it can only get better with time
This so much. What you're doing for the community is amazing. I hope you don't burn yourself out.

Excellent and cheap service, very reliable and no issue so far with Christmas Giftbuild. However, mobile management over cellular network isn't working for me.

Just loads without anything, works fine on wifi (same with Chrome)
Anyway, really appreciate all those services for the community, thank you so much
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:33:20 PM by MrLoL² »

Still waiting for my password

I'm considering the viability of switching to using a dedicated server as opposed to a series of VPSes or perhaps using larger VPSes. While the smaller 2-instance VPSes in use now have adequate resources, Blockland tends to have inconsistent and spike CPU usage which ends up getting slowed down and could cause some lag, typically through complex physics collisions or map generation/loading.

I'm leaning more towards having larger VPSes. I don't have entirely accurate data as I haven't tested anything, but I believe dedicated server would only really be able to pay for itself when it's full (around 12 clients, depending) and  expanding into a second dedicated server for only maybe 1-2 additional clients after the first is full isn't feasible.

Excellent and cheap service, very reliable and no issue so far with Christmas Giftbuild. However, mobile management over cellular network isn't working for me.

Just loads without anything, works fine on wifi (same with Chrome)
Anyway, really appreciate all those services for the community, thank you so much

I'm fairly certain it's a bandwidth issue. I'll look to see if I can optimize the bandwidth usage or add more informative loading messages/error messages.

I'm considering the viability of switching to using a dedicated server as opposed to a series of VPSes or perhaps using larger VPSes. While the smaller 2-instance VPSes in use now have adequate resources, Blockland tends to have inconsistent and spike CPU usage which ends up getting slowed down and could cause some lag, typically through complex physics collisions or map generation/loading.

I'm leaning more towards having larger VPSes. I don't have entirely accurate data as I haven't tested anything, but I believe dedicated server would only really be able to pay for itself when it's full (around 12 clients, depending) and  expanding into a second dedicated server for only maybe 1-2 additional clients after the first is full isn't feasible.
I think you should definitely go slightly larger. The distribution is a great thing because it makes attacks affect less people, but having more than one server on a single cpu just causes bad neighbor effect too often. I had very good success hosting 5 servers on a 2 cpu (4 GB) plan, since only one server tends to be problematic at a time. That might be pushing it a bit though.

Any plans to make it so that there are yearly packages or something?

Any plans to make it so that there are yearly packages or something?
Not at the time being. I'm considering the first 3-6 months of the service as a trial period to decided whether it's feasible to run and maintain, and if it is then I'll look in to longer plans and extra options.