Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 55492 times)

Looks like that was a residual problem from last night's crash. All appears to be working normally now, just refresh the page. Sorry about that!

Anything being developed? I would like to hear about it if so p cool stuff.

also pls make a panel that has more capabilities of interacting with the settings of the server and such. That would be cool and good

Is there a way to do it through paypal? I'd rather not enter my card number directly on the site.
Never mind, stripe is safe :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:29:14 PM by --LegoPepper-- »

Isn't the control panel supposed to show server chat? I'm getting join/leave messages and my info announcer but no actual in game chat.

Isn't the control panel supposed to show server chat? I'm getting join/leave messages and my info announcer but no actual in game chat.

is anyone talking

Yeah. I've been on the server while other people are talking and have chatted myself and it still doesn't work. The weirdest part is that it used to work fine

Yeah. I've been on the server while other people are talking and have chatted myself and it still doesn't work. The weirdest part is that it used to work fine
Mods that package and return the chat function (usually custom chat mods) can prevent glass from being able to record chat messages.

Please enable bitcoin payments. It only takes like five minutes since you're already using checkout. I'm interested in buying a server for a month to see if Boss Battles could conceivably be hosted here, and would like to pay using some bitcoin.

Mods that package and return the chat function (usually custom chat mods) can prevent glass from being able to record chat messages.
Slayer does this. It does commandToAll rather than chatMessageAll.

just an fyi to people who bought a month, if you don't cancel your "subscription" it will charge you again once the month ends

I didn't know it did this automatically, and it charged me again

you have to go to like support, then subscriptions, then choose cancel to actually stop the recurring payments

Please enable bitcoin payments. It only takes like five minutes since you're already using checkout. I'm interested in buying a server for a month to see if Boss Battles could conceivably be hosted here, and would like to pay using some bitcoin.
I'm without internet access until Wednesday. I've already gotten approved from Stripe, just need to enable it. Sorry about that.

I believe there's also an issue with the package being disabled when the gamemode is changed. I'll be releasing an update to the glass hosting add-on in the coming weeks.

just an fyi to people who bought a month, if you don't cancel your "subscription" it will charge you again once the month ends

you have to go to like support, then subscriptions, then choose cancel to actually stop the recurring payments
This is correct, we use subscriptions. As this is a monthly service, using recurring monthly payments is the easiest and most reasonable payment method. Cancelling subscriptions is pretty straight forward, you can access subscriptions by clicking "Subscriptions" on the home screen, then just clicking "Cancel".

If you didn't intend to rent a server for a second month, please open a ticket so we can issue you a refund.

No, Slayer is doing it correctly. chatMessageAll actually uses commandToAll.

No, Slayer is doing it correctly. chatMessageAll actually uses commandToAll.
Yeah, but commandToAll and it's related functions can't be packaged. It makes it easier for everyone when the layman functions are used rather than doing things directly. It's a little bit like when people manipulate score values via the value directly instead of using get, set, and inc Score. It works fine for your purpose, but other mods that may have a legitimate reason to modify that functionality won't be able to do so.

yeah i noticed this yesterday when i saw 7 bucks taken from my bank the other day.

i dont have a problem with it i think it should have it disabled by default though

Yeah, but commandToAll and it's related functions can't be packaged. It makes it easier for everyone when the layman functions are used rather than doing things directly. It's a little bit like when people manipulate score values via the value directly instead of using get, set, and inc Score. It works fine for your purpose, but other mods that may have a legitimate reason to modify that functionality won't be able to do so.
Same goes for add-ons that use setDamageLevel instead of ::addHealth and ::damage, as well.