Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 54815 times)

It's been roughly 24 hours now.
I had an issue similar to that awhile ago and I sent a support ticket. Apparently there was some corruption issue with the server migration awhile ago. Try sending a support ticket and see if you are having the same issue.

What's going on?

This is what happens when I try to get into my server's control panel...

It's stuck in starting...

Also the date is forgeted up, so is this dead or what?

Edit : It's now working, but still I feel that this side project is a bit abandoned.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:48:00 AM by Roulé »

Edit : It's now working, but still I feel that this side project is a bit abandoned.

Your server got caught in a sort of race-condition when it was being created, it led to your server starting before a security certificate had been issued leading your browser to distrust the connection.

I work full time and run Glass Hosting at a loss, so I've tried to make everything as automated as possible. Problems like this are part of the downfall of that, but many other aspects are much more reliable.

Glass Hosting currently has 22 clients and I try my best to maintain the service and respond to support tickets in a timely manner, but sometimes life happens and I slip up. I try to compensate those times fairly.

I signed up to get a server but apparently you're no longer doing subscriptions

also the site is now blocked on chrome because "my connection is not private"

also the site is now blocked on chrome because "my connection is not private"

Security certificate has been updated.

I signed up to get a server but apparently you're no longer doing subscriptions

Will be sending out an email to clients tomorrow, but Glass Hosting will be closing down August 31st. Unfortunately, I no longer have time to run the service and have thus far lost money in this entire thing- not to be a point of pity or anything, I expected this for the most part. I don't feel that the service is quality enough to justify charging more, but I don't really have time to improve the service justifying a rate increase.

I'll be posting a guide to using Google Cloud to host a free server for the next year. Will also be emailing clients instructions on their server's termination.

Glass Hosting will be closing down August 31st.
another nail in the coffin

yeah that's basically how Blocknet went for me.

Good resume content at least.

wonder how much it costed u but im not surprised it end like that
next is blglass closing?

Sad, Hosted four times with this and had almost flawless results. Gonna miss :(

Do we get refunds if our subscriptions are still active?

This service allowed me to host my servers easily with the performance I needed, and I'd really like to salute Jincux's work and thank him for keeping this alive for the time it lasted. Thank you for your quick technical support and all the help, really gonna miss it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:51:43 AM by MrLoL² »

Do we get refunds if our subscriptions are still active?
no because all subscriptions will end by at least the 31st of next month. It's not possible to get a new subscription anymore so if you have one open it'll run until the billing date and then close because it can't be renewed