Zapk - Running some sort of script on my server, crashing my server & blockland

Author Topic: Zapk - Running some sort of script on my server, crashing my server & blockland  (Read 6122 times)

That's an old trick to crashing servers. I doubt it was Zapk. He's a lot more creative than some well known command.
isn't there is a another trick using the console, that make you reconnect faster or something.

Guys, he told you all to elaborate via email or PMs.

Guys, he told you all to elaborate via email or PMs.
he was responding to ravencroft though

isn't there is a another trick using the console, that make you reconnect faster or something.
Dunno, all I know is people would use getnonsense to crash servers before. I've heard it come up.

Dunno, all I know is people would use getnonsense to crash servers before. I've heard it come up.

As far as I know, getNonsense() is used in the client authentication sequence. If you put echo(getNonsense()); in your console, it'll print out random numbers. It should not be able to crash servers.

i can confirm that this stuffstain is Ku Klux Klan, i used to be friends with him

You should be able to see the connection spam in the server console then. (Possibly seeing the spam in the chat too)

This could of been perfect timing of the server crashing from a mod but instead they blame someone else

This could of been perfect timing of the server crashing from a mod but instead they blame someone else
Those are pretty small odds to have both someone chat some random ass code then have the application crash immediately after.

Those are pretty small odds to have both someone chat some random ass code then have the application crash immediately after.
Also, it's true, I don't have enough evidence to pin everything on Ku Klux, and it is equally possible someone else on the server could've been doing some malicious. I still think it's mad suspicious.

wait, wasn't "getnonsense();" removed a LONG time ago?

getNonsense(); returns nonsense, its used for authentication. i think it used to crash clients who entered it into their console but that was fixed

The thing is, if what he was chatting was causing it, then if ANYONE chatted what he chatted it should crash the server. I tried it on my own server, and nothing happens. Looked in trace, nothing happens. It does nothing.

I think I found a suspect. I was able to save right before the crash and later found that someone had built a massive array of 1x1f bricks (7400 bricks to be exact). There's a chance the guy had used the "fakekill gun" mod I have on the bricks thus causing massive amounts of server lag. A guess you could call it a "lag bomb". The BL_ID of the suspect is 20973.

that guy is a whole lot more likely to have caused any crashes, considering he has two alts (47057 and 206459), and previous names like "ultrasnakelicker" and "daddylongballs" on the accounts

so apparently this guy was macroing massive builds:

so my guess is that he was doing that and using the random code as a scapegoat