The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered  (Read 7361 times)

what on earth were you doing that required killing 3 armored guards at once

The biggest issue with a lot of Bethesda games is that, due to their openness, it's so easy to get yourself stuck in unwinnable scenarios as a new player. There's never any proper indication that you need to complete X amount of content to enjoy Y.

The best example of where this really bites you in the ass is if you go and explore the world in Fallout 3, you might stumble on a certain location before you've caught the main quest-line up, and suddenly the game is now uncompletable without using the cheats/command line because a door is locked forever. There's never any warning or indication that this going to be an issue, so you might be 50 hours in by the time you discover your entire save is hosed.

But even looking past bugs; if you go slightly off their intended path at the start of the game, you're in for a bad time since everything is scaled for a levelled player, and it's really hard when you get introduced to the wide open world to not rush off and go do your own thing. I wasted 12 restarts of New Vegas because I kept going to the wrong direction towards The Strip and always ran into enemies with far too high levels.

Now that I'm finally playing the Legend of Zelda games, I'm preferring the Ocarina of Time approach, where things are given the appearance of being open and massive, but there's actually a pretty strict linear-path that somebody interested in finishing the game will need to perform. In this case, it's a little easier to gravitate back to where you're supposed to be.

The biggest issue with a lot of Bethesda games is that, due to their openness, it's so easy to get yourself stuck in unwinnable scenarios as a new player.

There hasn't been any genuine failure states in a Bethesda game since Morrowind, and even then it would give you a warning when you royally forgeted your save over. In Skyrim, the only time you're going to have an unwinnable scenario is if you were a dumb enough motherforgeter to save with low health right before a killing blow or if your save corrupts

what on earth were you doing that required killing 3 armored guards at once
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Steal,_Thugs_hunt_player

OT:
Try thinking about how your character would act in a situation. i.e. no nords in hogwarts.

install tons of mods like me

none of which are stupid reskins forgets that noise

Limit your fps to 60 if you're on pc.
if its above 60 everything goes loving insane

Also I eliminated its god awful input lag by disabling its built in frame limiter and using v-sync with 1 maximum rendered frame.

install tons of mods like me

none of which are stupid reskins forgets that noise
jesus christ steve is that nmm?
i expected better from u.....

Since this is a skyrim thread now, the preloader for the special edition is already out. GRAB YERSELF A DOWNLOAD, MATE

you cant just attack random people throughout the world until you know you are badass. the realism is that there is somewhat of consequences to open killing lol.

special edition just unlocked btw, already nearing the top steam games atm http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:13:08 PM by otto-san »

lmfao the special edition crashes

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:11:04 PM by otto-san »

I can definitely see the improvement over the base game but it's still worse than having a good PC with a few of the top visual mods on the normal edition. Characters still seem to look bad even at max settings.

I'll have to wait a few months before playing again for all the mods to be ported over.