Do you think that there is more than 2 genders?

Poll

Yes or no?

Yeah
59 (26.6%)
Nah
163 (73.4%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Do you think that there is more than 2 genders?  (Read 7723 times)

And thus the thread is derailed into an argument over gender being a "social construct"

>thread about genders derailed into "argument" about gender

You what? That's not an argument, it's simply a misunderstanding between me and Tactical Nuke. I'm citing Etymology and how interesting it is, and he thought I was talking about gender itself.

We need to eradicate people who believe in more than two genders, thus strengthening the gene pool

People think there's more than two?

We need to eradicate people who believe in more than two genders, thus strengthening the gene pool

They're never gonna get laid anyway so whats the point? It's like killing gays so they don't reproduce.

I think if we were to start eugenics up, we should probably start with people that disagree with me

God wills it.

No, I've always believed there are 2 genders, and I still do today.

the general consensus around the world is gender = love and I'm fairly certain that those who disagree are a miniscule minority.

it being a social construct, doesn't that make it completely synonymous to "love" if that is the way that the mass majority defines it? need clarification if I'm thinking in the right direction here

there can be as many genders as can be but there are only two lovees in the world

Based on Animals (and us)
Male, Female, Tans of both, hermaphrodites (Both types of loveual organs)

Other than that, it's all Mental illness.

there's at least seven

the general consensus around the world is gender = love and I'm fairly certain that those who disagree are a miniscule minority.

it being a social construct, doesn't that make it completely synonymous to "love" if that is the way that the mass majority defines it? need clarification if I'm thinking in the right direction here
the whole "gender is a social construct" thing comes from sociology where "gender" refers to the cultural symbols and characteristics associated with one's love. the existence of tertiary or other genders would be because someone fits into neither polar end; thus the idea comes about that, in this context, "gender" would refer more so to one's personal experience of masculinity, femininity, or something that doesn't quite fit either, in the context of a particular culture, rather than just being a static definition. simply put, in sociological terms, it's not useful to just say that there are males and females, because people are more complex than this, and trying to understand what impact these biological aspects of our species have on our societies requires us to understand gender as an identity in society, not only as a biological quality. (anyone that's actually a sociology major/minor or smth would probably have a lot to correct me on here)

trans issues are a slightly different, tangential topic though
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:07:43 PM by otto-san »

Is mayonnaise a gender?

forgetn poolitical bullstuff thread forget why yall gotta keep makin these  :iceCream: :iceCream: