Author Topic: Another EVE Thread: We Went F2P A While Ago Actually  (Read 4969 times)

https://youtu.be/zQciMy_Pr0Q

eve is going free to play on november 15 with the new introduction of alpha clones. it's basically like an unlimited trial, but the potential to earn enough ISK to buy a PLEX and pay for premium omega clones (otherwise $15/mo) is still there.

this new update is going to usher in a new era for EVE, bringing thousands of alpha capsuleers in as new recruits.

if you haven't given EVE a try yet or we're turned away by it in the past due to the limiting trial and overwhelming challenge and steep learning curve, you will have plenty of time to master the basic fundamentals of the game come november 15 when EVE's 30th-something expansion drops

i encourage you all to research the game and play for a couple hours when alpha clones arrive. EVE has given me some of the most interesting and entertaining interpersonal moments in any game ever
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:17:22 PM by Remurr »

eve is fun minus the subscription minus the grind for plex for the subscription
I was glad when I heard it was going free but there are limitations :(

eve is fun minus the subscription minus the grind for plex for the subscription
I was glad when I heard it was going free but there are limitations :(
my current job is mostly to pay for my crippling mmo addiction

I've always been interested in eve but never enough to actually pay for it so this is great

I've always been interested in eve but never enough to actually pay for it so this is great
it's going to be a great way to try out the game and experience a small portion of what it has to offer. i'm planning on getting some irl friends to try it out and i'm resubbing when the expansion hits

They uploaded a trailer and started counting down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQciMy_Pr0Q

Also article: http://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-trailer-starts-free-to-play-countdown/?utm_content=bufferc5e91&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Imagine how much the price of plex is going to raise. Im guessing anywhere between 0.8-1.20 billion ISK
Hell, even when summer breaks starts and all the kiddies can play plex raises from ~500mil to like 850mil ISK. This game really has an economy of its own, thats really impressive.

EDIT: Its now 1.25 billion ISK.
What the forget
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:42:54 AM by espio100 »

I love that since i can just buy one plex and fund myself for a year

I love that since i can just buy one plex and fund myself for a year
Wait did you het banned? (Again)

Imagine how much the price of plex is going to raise. Im guessing anywhere between 0.8-1.20 billion ISK
Hell, even when summer breaks starts and all the kiddies can play plex raises from ~500mil to like 850mil ISK. This game really has an economy of its own, thats really impressive.

EDIT: Its now 1.25 billion ISK.
What the forget
god damn, i remember thwarting a Self Delete gank and ran away with a score of 6 PLEXes from some dude in dodixie. those sold for only 400m a pop at the time

oh well. 1.25b is only a day or so of exploration

Wait did you het banned? (Again)
Flaming unova after he was being a cunt to freek in the thread about his dog.

Anyways I wish i had more people to play EVE with then i might actually get into it more

oh well. 1.25b is only a day or so of exploration
W A T
Teach me, please.
I tried exploration and the most profit I got was like 1mil ISK or something.
Or a few minutes of station trading

W A T
Teach me, please.
I tried exploration and the most profit I got was like 1mil ISK or something.
Or a few minutes of station trading
nullsec relic sites are dangerous but really profitable. fly a ship that can fit a covert ops cloak and you'll be set

i made 1b in a full day of explo

nullsec relic sites are dangerous but really profitable. fly a ship that can fit a covert ops cloak and you'll be set

i made 1b in a full day of explo
Kinda need a billion for that alone :I
Havent played in ages tough. Cant wait for the 15th.

Kinda need a billion for that alone :I
Havent played in ages tough. Cant wait for the 15th.
yea lol it took me a while to be able to explore safely in nullsec

and yea me too, i'm trying really hard to not subscribe right now

and yea me too, i'm trying really hard to not subscribe right now
Holy stuff same
But I dont have money to anyways