Candy Cane & lovey Snowmen Bricks [.blend included]

Author Topic: Candy Cane & lovey Snowmen Bricks [.blend included]  (Read 4896 times)

Candy Canes

Three flavors of candy cane with a liberal brick grid: one plate at the bottom, another at the end of the hook. Candy Cane B and Candy Cane C (the two on the right) weigh in at around 150 quads so don't go too wild with them.

Features
  • Brick icons.
  • Accurate collision.
  • Minimal coverage due to the shape of the brick, only bottom quads are hidden when covered.
  • Support_Updater versioning.

This is a sample brick for Blender BLB Exporter.

The BLB files were exported using the BLB exporter by doing the following:
  • In the export dialog, using the following properties (deviating from defaults):
    • Bricks to Export: Multiple
    • Brick Names From: Groups
    • Export Bricks In: Scene
    • Coverage: Self Bottom
    • Automatic Quad Sorting

Additionally the Blender file includes the camera, light, and material used for rendering special brick icons that closely match the default Blockland style. Icon is to be rendered without anti-aliasing. Post-processing is required to scale the icon to the correct resolution using bilinear interpolation.

Demian's Snowmen

A regular snowman and two lovey snowmen I made for someone a long time ago but never posted on the forums. But now that Christmas is coming I suppose they have some decorative or indecent uses. Only the red bits in the scarf are colorable. They have about 350 quads each so use sparingly.

Features
  • Brick icons.
  • Reasonably accurate collision.
  • Minimal brick grid.
  • No coverage.
  • Support_Updater versioning.

This is a sample brick for Blender BLB Exporter.

The BLB files were exported using the BLB exporter by doing the following:
  • In the export dialog, using the following properties (deviating from defaults):
    • Bricks to Export: Multiple
    • Bricks Defined By: Layers

Additionally the Blender file includes the camera, light, and material used for rendering special brick icons that closely match the default Blockland style. Icon is to be rendered without anti-aliasing. Post-processing is required to scale the icon to the correct resolution using bilinear interpolation.

To the ~18 people who have downloaded the old Demian's Christmas Bricks: these two add-ons replace that.

That candy cane on the right looks like a twizzler!

before entering topic i didn't actually expect the snowmen to be literally in lovey positions, was pleasantly surprised

i can just buy the candy canes from my local candy store
but they aren't jumbo

ah yes those were seen in Pillow Pants's escape from the north pole thing

will that ever be finished or will pillow pants release the bot/playertype/whatever

before entering topic i didn't actually expect the snowmen to be literally in lovey positions, was pleasantly surprised
same aside from that last bit

Too early, but good.
Not in my opinion. If you're working on a larger christmas themed server, you should already be building it.

Not in my opinion. If you're working on a larger christmas themed server, you should already be building it.
Good point.

This addon is really snow joke.