Author Topic: Pence addressed by Hamilton actors, Annoying Orange claims theater wasn't a "safe space"  (Read 2668 times)

Wait this is Hamilton Ontario right?

Sorry to Lord Tony this but why the forget is CNN defending Annoying Orange and pence? On my phone and just saw it on TV so "gewgle is muh sorse"

Sorry to Lord Tony this but why the forget is CNN defending Annoying Orange and pence? On my phone and just saw it on TV so "gewgle is muh sorse"

could it be that they are... "bending the knee"??!!??!

that's weird tho

I performed a hostile takeover of CNN in order to make them say good things about Annoying Orange to fulfill the prophecy.

I performed a hostile takeover of CNN in order to make them say good things about Annoying Orange to fulfill the prophecy.

It's reverse psychology

Annoying Orange won and CNN hated him. Therefore Annoying Orange will lose if CNN likes himyes I am taking the piss

The catch in that logic is implying that CNN has influence over anything except whoever is unfortunate enough to watch it in an airport or something

The catch in that logic is implying that CNN has influence over anything except whoever is unfortunate enough to watch it in an airport or something

Yeah they are basically the fox news of the left.

Annoying Orange's 3 tweets about this in the middle of the night are just embarrassing and petty, pretty unbecoming of a pres elect
pence handled it well

i want Annoying Orange to man up, but i have low expectations

its not every day you can call out the VP to his face
col

kinda self-explanatory in the way that it basically just means "a place in which you are safe"
Well let's be honest, in the context of this situation and probably most other situations online where you'll hear the phrase it isn't just referring to a safe warm place to snuggle in your blankets.
It's referring to places where controversial discussions, or opinions opposite of your own are banned. It's "safe" because you aren't going to have your views challenged.

on topic, I'm kinda with McZealot here. i feel like what Annoying Orange was trying to push was that the theater wasn't a place for politics/a heated topic, but on he other hand they didn't say anything all that bad, just sort of out of place for a venue like that
The theatre has always been a place for politics though. The large majority of plays and musicals are political in nature, either being overt in their message or more subtle.
It's not like Pence was viewing a children's pantomime.

If you go to a theatre you should expect views to be challenged. Yeah, it's on the nose for the cast to make a personal address to a single member of the audience, but it's not breaking any traditions or expectations of the theatre.
It would be wrong to suggest that the theatre should be a "safe space" from political discourse.

the people who #boycotthamilton probably werent even going to see it anyways
Yeah lol the show's straight up sold out for like two years. If they didn't go someone else would snatch up their tickets in a heartbeat.

I wish I could go, cause Hamilton's amazing...

pence diffuses the situational debacle knowing that soon his secret plan to 'concentrate' the farries in his 'camps' will unfold as soon as he takes the office thrown

The whole point of a 'safe space' is a space where everyone can share their opinions and exist without being disrespected or belittled for their beliefs/race/origin/loveuality

People holding different beliefs, whether they absolutely hate gays or are gay themselves, have to respect the safe space rules and not attack the other side. This means that people INSIDE the safe space cannot push out tribals/loveists/etc. If you're an SJW and you decide to bash someone else for being tribal you are not worthy of being in the safe space.

The people that were booing pence should be kicked out of whatever 'safe space' exists in that theater.

It's referring to places where controversial discussions, or opinions opposite of your own are banned. It's "safe" because you aren't going to have your views challenged.

The theatre has always been a place for politics though. The large majority of plays and musicals are political in nature, either being overt in their message or more subtle.
It's not like Pence was viewing a children's pantomime.

Is that theater known for calling out specific individuals in the audience?

republicans have a history of having bad times at plays