Author Topic: Make Eventing Great Again (Update)  (Read 34851 times)

Christmas came early for the blockheads

Nice! Love it, it's just what I needed!

doesn't play well with new duplicator

.. so what happens?
Nothing "happens" to the events. It just doesn't dupe any indentation or colours; that's out of Dren's control, Zeb would have to add support for MEGA for it to copy that data

This time, on: Why the forget is this not default?

Nothing "happens" to the events. It just doesn't dupe any indentation or colours; that's out of Dren's control, Zeb would have to add support for MEGA for it to copy that data
IIRC it also enabled all the disabled events when it had indentation and such

IIRC it also enabled all the disabled events when it had indentation and such

???

Tried it with several different events, force-plant, duping a group of bricks; all yield the same expected normal result

I guess I was just imagining things then.

this is a loving fantastic addon but i have a slight complaint
sometimes when you wrench something all the events get turned into onactivate>self>setcolor
this is happening on a fresh install of blockland with the only addons being this newdup and fillcan
this also doesn't happen very often and pressing the x and going back fixes it 90% of the time.
it's just a minor annoyance
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:07:53 PM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

That's caused by missing events and that is by default, not the add-on. When an event is missing on the server it tries to resolve the event's index (the way the server sends client events is using a bunch of indexes and names on each index), so if your event was onActivate (0) > Player (0) > doStuff(6)
When you do not have the add-on it finds whatever the index was at "6" (I believe), which is something else.

To fix this, the server would need to make a workaround by registering the events it finds on each save.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:08:17 AM by Kyuande »

I'll probably release an update where the server package is disabled by default and the delay to show events client side is larger. I should also add support_updater support.

doesn't play well with new duplicator
wanted to agree with this quote in one way by saying

it might be a mod confliction causing this (though i don't have many event-related mods other than this and VCE enabled), but if i make a brick with onprojectilehit events like this

then when i duplicate the events, the dropdown menus change from None to a blank box

this causes no projectiles to affect the event whatsoever, making the event useless. so i can't duplicate onprojectilehit bricks unless i just disable input parameters entirely.

this sort of thing happens for me as well when i try to set playsound to play the microsoft megaphone earrape sounds. i dont even have to dupe it - when i hit apply, it just never registers and that one event disappears

unfortunately fancypants, your issue requires new dup to add functionality to fix that bug.