Author Topic: Make Eventing Great Again (Update)  (Read 35117 times)

I could easily make a converter for saves, yeah.
I think I'll start up Blockland tomorrow, make sure all the features on this add-on work, and write you a converter.
Any updates on this converter?

MEGA is breaking all my events on my build and spamming chat with errors every time somebody talks

MEGA is breaking all my events on my build and spamming chat with errors every time somebody talks
You probably have an old version. Get a new version and don't enable the serverside portion of it.

Would you mind adding support for EventScript?

I added how you may be able to do such a thing here.

Or at least tell me how I should fight this monstrosity?

Would you mind adding support for EventScript?

I added how you may be able to do such a thing here.

Or at least tell me how I should fight this monstrosity?
I've read your description and it appears trivial enough.
I also promised someone I'd add support for loading event saves from another add-on, so I guess I'll be working on V3 this weekend.
I also should try and fix bugs, except it's hard for me to know which bug reports on this thread are valid, and which are from the older version of the mod.

Version 2.9 --- 20:17 26/11/2017 --- Support for Client_EventScripting added, looping sounds that can't be used in events removed from playSound event, console warnings when you don't have the drop down menu add-on removed.

Yesterday I installed the make eventing great again addon. Now every time I join a server I'm greeted with this error message.

I also talked to my friend Temper who has the same addon but doesn't seem to have the same trouble. However other people such as Platypi also have the problem. I don't know if that information matters but that's about it. It's very tolerable, just annoying and should be fixed.

If you need any further info such as logs to help me fix this, let me know in your reply.

I get the same error a lot. It's annoying

However other people such as Platypi also have the problem.
Can confirm.

Go into the client.cs and remove the following line

Quote from: client.cs
function callEvents()
{
    wrenchEventsDlg.newEvent();
    if($serverHasEventSystem)
        commandtoserver('requestNewEvents');
    else
        commandtoserver('requestWrenchEvents');

schedule(2500,0,reordereventslist);
}
I don't know why that's even there - if $serverHasEventsSystem is false it shouldn't be doing anything

Go into the client.cs and remove the following line
I don't know why that's even there - if $serverHasEventsSystem is false it shouldn't be doing anything
I can't remember why that's there either, I wrote most of this code a year ago lol. But I doubt that's the problem. The problem is here:
package wrenchEventRewrite
{
   function clientcmdregistereventsdone()
   {
      echo("Register events done!");
          $requestedServerEvents = true;
      return parent::clientcmdregistereventsdone();
   }
I comment out that line and it still works fine, but with no error message.

Try this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/226544945887051779/387121152767557632/System_Eventing.zip

And let me know if the issue's fixed.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:57:30 PM by DrenDran »

I can't remember why that's there either, I wrote most of this code a year ago lol. But I doubt that's the problem. The problem is here:I comment out that line and it still works fine, but with no error message.

Try this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/226544945887051779/387098806270820354/System_Eventing.zip

And let me know if the issue's fixed.

It seems to have stopped, thanks.

Minor fix added where drop downs in the params section would drop down constantly and possibly even crash your client.

I am confused. What does this do?