Author Topic: Idea: 100+ player life simulator  (Read 3197 times)

Imagine. 100+ players, building enabled but it costs resources to build (and materials matter, all bricks are print bricks with material prints on them so you can paint them without fear of hiding a section of wood among steel walls being a problem), people must actually mine limited resources, level up through tech and such, craft weaponry, tools and vehicles, and fight over land. Communism? Dictatorship? Democracy? Players decide. All on a schedule so people are generally on at the same time. You could go to war, fight over ideals, resource and land, or just to eliminate competition. Have revolutions. Eventually go to space and fight over the moon or mars, perhaps. Space-races. Nuke countries and leave land unusable for years. Eventually cause an apocalypse.

The only problem is respawning. Death isn't taken seriously because there's no consequence. You die, you're back in 5, 10, 30 seconds at most generally. How about a 5-10 minute respawn time so long you have to play a regular deathmatch while you wait?

Why hasn't this happened?

because waiting 5-10 minutes is boring as balls

its why i dont have a taste for 1-life games: i'm too impatient

maybe suburbia will change the world though

Because you just threw every possible thought you could think of into an OP without actually having any sort of coherent idea.
A government simulator in space where steel plates can look like wood! Wow, sign me up!

cus this is an extremely ambitious idea especially with the last part about eventually going to space like that would take a while to make something like that that works

Sounds like some form of hyper-complicated CityRPG but with a big emphasis on fighting over land and the moon for some reason. Are there even 100+ blocklanders simultaneously online during the average day?

Why haven't you made it?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:08:52 PM by Rally »

sounds awful

-grind to build
-grind to buy guns
-5 minute respawn times
-a bunch of ambiguous stuff

youve made city rpg but worse but think that giving it 100 players will make it work somehow

blockland is really bad at handling 100+ players with several add-ons

see: new years 2016

What about a 100 player death race

A government simulator in space where steel plates can look like wood! Wow, sign me up!
I said they'd all have forced prints based on material so you could paint them any color and they WOULDN'T look the same... And it's not always in space (not the main focus). And it's not a government simulator, players make their own governments and are given the tools to run them, but the main focus is on battles between government entities, not the governments themselves, and how well they can produce weapons, vehicles, and food to supply the war.
blockland is really bad at handling 100+ players with several add-ons

see: new years 2016
that's actually what this thread was originally about but I re-wrote it so many times the idea I was asking about it FOR took over
hence why it's in GD and not S&R. (Plus, nobody's gonna make this, we all know that.)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:40:58 AM by SuperSuit12 »

100 players and counting? Dude, I can't even run my Fatkid server with more than 30 players without it lagging.

it's strongly unlikely that you'd be able to entice even just 50 people onto the server at once

With a hundred players I'd just make a trench warfare ctf based on ww1 than freaking cityrpg+

how about a cityrpg where when you die your key gets revoked