Ravencroft, Part 2: Speedhacking for an advantage with undeniable evidence

Author Topic: Ravencroft, Part 2: Speedhacking for an advantage with undeniable evidence  (Read 54244 times)

Ignoring them is how you lose. Dominating and beating them is how you win.

NickPB got his butt kicked off this forum and he isn't coming back again. If he tries he will be banned. He's lost, we won.

why do you think being ban on sight bars you from the forums completely?

honestly there probably is no harm here. it just proves to me though that im right about people actually having the inability to ignore others here. like when i realize someone's a troll and that im giving them the ooey gooey attention they want, i just delete my post and move on.

i mean congrats on the silent victory and all, but he'll never see it so it does no good, and if he does see it he'll kek all the way to the moon and back cause yall are still twisted about it
I did not know he was already banned on sight, i did a quick look but apparently a too shallow one to see he was banned on sight.
And yes i acknowledged that i was feeding the troll because i know what i do is wrong and there is no way for me to say that was the best thing to do but god it gets under my skin so much these days.
Specifically that issue pops by in many cases and i see that people are serious about it since the problem persists and i just can't handle it sometimes.
I have made a remark on this situation before so i am prone to those trolls i suppose, i am sorry that i am feeding.
Bottom or feed i guess.

Trolls exist because people can get pissed off and lose control i suppose.
You just gotta pinch them in a somehow sensitive area.
For me, apparently that is the area of cheaters and hackers who claim they are divine and just in their doings and those that glorify them to that point.
My apologies for being against that and losing all sense of control over my posting.
You are right, the only winning move is not to play, but that does not make it the easiest thing.

NickPB got his butt kicked off this forum and he isn't coming back again. If he tries he will be banned. He's lost, we won.
While i appreciate it that you defend my action, ignoring them and reporting them in the hopes they get removed for their toxic behaviour might be the best way.
Fighting them is a lost war, they do it to get a reaction.
You might see them as humans that somehow enjoy people bickering and going against them.
I am not entirely sure why or how, maybe they just feel powerful to be able to trigger this and then see the other person struggle with it, i don't know.
But trying to fight against them by talking with them on the same medium does not help for sure.
I did not own NickPB, he owned me for a moment, long enough for me to not just delete my post and say "NO, not today".
I am not gonna applaud him for that, i feel sad that someone enjoys such a thing, spends time to make the time of others worse.
I should not have come in the Drama section anyhow, it only brings out the worst in me.

While i appreciate it that you defend my action, ignoring them and reporting them in the hopes they get removed for their toxic behaviour might be the best way.
All ignoring them and reporting them got me was my report button removed.

Yet i doubt the effectiveness of fighting those that feed on negativity head on leads to anything good.
Just be careful, if you get caught up too much, you might end up on the wrong side yourself and end up banned yourself is all i can say.
I am not saying you will, just you know, my thoughts on the war tactics. ;)
I think we have yet to find a good effective way to get rid of trolls in communities.
Some prefer to stay silent, not feed them and report them where needed.
While others prefer to take them head on and hopefully get it through their thick skull.
Not sure if either are good or what is a better way, so i take the first stance most of the time.
A better world starts with yourself.

I think we have yet to find a good effective way to get rid of trolls in communities.

I beg to differ. The only reason we aren't mostly troll-free is because Badspot appears to believe in rules. You and I can clearly see who is a troll, not necessarily immediately as some achieve to conceal it, but if they stay on the border of the rules they're fine.

It only helps that there's a bunch of unwritten rules that, while obscure to a new person, are rare to be legitimately accidentally broken. These unwritten rules, however, have managed to bend even the most skilled Houdini of trolls.

TL;DR: A good, effective way of getting rid of trolls is to ban when trolling is visible to the human eye. This forum doesn't do that, however.

why do you think being ban on sight bars you from the forums completely?

evading BOS is a miserable existence, especially for someone like NickPB who will never be able to stay undetected lol

Lol NickPB has been back for a while now

Lol NickPB has been back for a while now
Lol, the majority of us don't care and just like waiting to see how his stupid ass gets himself banned again, thanks for telling us he's back, we'll be making popcorn to watch the fireworks.

you probably reported too many people who aren't actually doing something report worthy. it seems to be a thing specifically to report bannable posts or serious issues nothing else

no one will EVER top how i got my report removed

no one will EVER top how i got my report removed
Dare I even ask

Dare I even ask
You were not here for kalphiters rein of terror so you wouldn't understand

You were not here for kalphiters rein of terror so you wouldn't understand
Gotcha.

let me let you in on something i think is important: reporting a person isn't ignoring them. to ignore a person is give them no attention at all. don't click quote, don't click post, don't click report. just scroll past them like they aren't even there

all you do when you "ignore and report" a person is dump the attention you would be giving that person onto someone else so that they can do something about it for you. and worst of all you're dumping the attention onto a person who clearly doesn't give a forget about your problem because you obviously don't know what's important and what should be reported

him taking your privileges away was probably him saying "i don't give a stuff about it and you shouldn't either"

you say to ignore them is to lose. i disagree. i genuinely ignore most of the users you all have petty issues with and they don't bother me one bit. id say that's winning for sure

I have not submitted any bad reports in over 4 years. I lost it about 8 months ago and Badspot has still not told me what exactly it was that I was wrongly reporting (Yes, I have asked him before; he didn't respond. He responds to most of my PMs too so its not because he didnt see it. He just wont tell me).