Author Topic: RX 480 4g does not function (lost all hope, ordering replacement)  (Read 4480 times)

device manager.

your display adaptor should only be showing your new video card. nothing about intel. (intel should be under processors only)

Are you purely uninstalling via device manager, or are you even uninstalling the AMD stuff?

Should look like this but with AMD programs instead

i did it with the control panel only because it doesnt show up in device manager.

and this is the only item that appears as AMD in the control panel

Make sure that if you uninstall it from control panel, you uninstall the drivers with it from device manager, otherwise it may be showing up as an unknown device somewhere.

hold on

any reason for this
not paying attention when purchasing

so i downloaded this item

ran it

and this happened

wich clearly means i didnt uninstal the drivers correctly. even though i uninstalled the AMD item in the control panel and there is nothing to uninstall in the device manager

May be time to try the display driver uninstaller software, personally found this helpful when switching from AMD to Nvidia because I am lazy and don't want to hand uninstall all the AMD bullstuff like evolve gaming and raptr.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

May be time to try the display driver uninstaller software, personally found this helpful when switching from AMD to Nvidia because I am lazy and don't want to hand uninstall all the AMD bullstuff like evolve gaming and raptr.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
ok ill give it a go

shoulda bought a 1060, you amd heathen.

Aryan Nvidia is the true master race.

ot:

Check the windows settings themselves. this can be accessed through the start menu on windows 10

ok so after running the DDU and attempting to reinstall the drivers using the same method i did in the previous screenshots, i got the same message "componets are already installed"

Are you sure the card itself isn't defective/DOA? Do you have another machine you could try installing it in?

Are you sure the card itself isn't defective/DOA? Do you have another machine you could try installing it in?
i can try it on an old XP machine but who knows if it will work on that in the first place.

nvm it doesnt have a slot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:39:00 PM by Starkiller »

if nobody else has any suggestions ill return the card to amazon and get a replacement