how do you feel about transgender people?

Author Topic: how do you feel about transgender people?  (Read 21555 times)

As long as they aren't asshats who gives a stuff?
um, literally you

They're some of my OC's.

don't care. it's a well documented medical phenomenon and it's not my business to decide for them who they should be called - if they want to be called something, i'll try my best to call them it. if they want to be referred to as a certain gender, i'll refer to them as such.

well hey you've figured out the reason why you have a bad rep

2017 already works it's magic

um, literally you
I dont give a stuff about transgender people, but the laws, like the one about how you can "identify" as a gender and be allowed into said bathroom immediatly afterward are just too exploitable. Unfortunatly the alternative would be a hinderence on everyone. So its a bit of a mixed situation there.
well hey you've figured out the reason why you have a bad rep

2017 already works it's magic
Despite whats been said, there is an effort on going.

I have a transgender friend and i respect her

At least she is no one of those "die cis scum" people

but to me being an asshat means
requiring me to use gender neutral or non traditional pronouns if I want to speak to them
walking into the mens locker room with a variation on a snake or a straight up vagina
being loud and obnoxious and claiming everyone hates them if they don't bend over to every little desire that they have

to me as long as they don't go around pretending they deserve special treatment or that being trans somehow means that people have to applaud you for your courage etc and as long as they're not asshats, I don't care, it took me awhile to reach that place since I have religious beliefs that are against such practices, but im not going to go around telling people how to live their lives (provided they don't tell me how to live mine)

but to me being an asshat means
requiring me to use gender neutral or non traditional pronouns if I want to speak to them
walking into the mens locker room with a variation on a snake or a straight up vagina
being loud and obnoxious and claiming everyone hates them if they don't bend over to every little desire that they have

to me as long as they don't go around pretending they deserve special treatment or that being trans somehow means that people have to applaud you for your courage etc and as long as they're not asshats, I don't care, it took me awhile to reach that place since I have religious beliefs that are against such practices, but im not going to go around telling people how to live their lives (provided they don't tell me how to live mine)
Minus the religious beliefs part, that about sums up what I mean.

if they aren't trying to be starfishs about it then i couldn't care less, that applies to most kinds of people

cool whatever unless they get emotionally obliterated because they were called a man/woman when they look distinctly like a man/woman

it's also kinda of sad to me that people don't take the fact too seriously that these people need psychiatric help... there has to be another solution other than mutilating your body. as far as i'm aware, the only thing they do to 'resolve' their problem is gender reassignment surgery. a statistic i read states that up to 20% of patients regret their decision.

i believe we need to put more focus on a viable treatment for these people.

it's also kinda of sad to me that people don't take the fact too seriously that these people need psychiatric help... there has to be another solution other than mutilating your body. as far as i'm aware, the only thing they do to 'resolve' their problem is gender reassignment surgery. a statistic i read states that up to 20% of patients regret their decision.

i believe we need to put more focus on a viable treatment for these people.
how to start an outrage 101

how to start an outrage 101

it's an opinion thread... don't come if you can't take the heat

If my birth name is Sugar Sugar, and as such I ask you to call me Joseph--you're an starfish if you call me Sugar Sugar. I don't care if you have some crazy views against changing your identity.

Hi Sugar Sugar

forget the gays and forget the transmissions