Author Topic: how do you feel about transgender people?  (Read 22002 times)

If every single cell in my body was male but I called myself a female, I'm still a male
Biologically you're male, but you would identify as something else, and that's ALL that matters. All of you people are the ones getting hung over the literal stuff about biological love but people who are transgender are referring only to identity. Why can't you just address people by how they identify and not by their love?

I honestly think it's kind of dumb.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:58:55 AM by cooolguy32 »

Why
What do you mean why? That's the actual definition of transgender.

What do you mean why? That's the actual definition of transgender.

Why is the stuff going on in my head the only thing that matters in my body

Why is the stuff going on in my head the only thing that matters in my body
Because it has nothing to do with your body. It has to do with identity, which has everything to do with how you fit into society, who you interact with and how everyone else sees you.

Transgender people aren't delusional. Nobody's stupid enough to just say "hey i'm now a woman when i was a man before." they know they are biologically male, but that doesn't actually matter. They choose to identify as something else because that's their choice, and other people should respect that.

You have the choice not to respect other people's identity, but then you're making the conscious choice to be rude.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:01:45 AM by Perry »

Because it has nothing to do with your body. It has to do with identity, which has everything to do with how you fit into society, who you interact with and how everyone else sees you.

I'll have you know my snake is very important in my social life

I'll have you know my snake is very important in my social life
Ending the argument with a stuffpost is a great way to show people you're an authority on these issues

It feels a little weird to refer to them after they just changed their identity and stuff, but after getting over that it's still p much the same person.

Ending the argument with a stuffpost is a great way to show people you're an authority on these issues
You should be supportive of his life decision to identify as an unintelligent stuffposter.

That's implying an internet forum full of 15 yr. olds are an authority on anything other than what Steam games to buy

That's implying an internet forum full of 15 yr. olds are an authority on anything other than what Steam games to buy
Speak for yourself

if they went through the surgery/treatment and they look like their preferred gender, then i would call them the correct pronoun. they went through the effort to fix their problem and can now safely identify as their desired gender without confusion.
my problem comes from those people who think they're the opposite love even though their body doesn't show that, if i started calling someone who looks 100% like a dude "she" and "her", people would assume i've gone mad and cannot perceive the difference between genders.
another problem i have is people just changing their gender because they don't feel like they're getting enough attention; they don't realise how big changing your gender is and how hard it would be to reverse the process (sometimes impossible to do). the only way i think switching your gender/love is appropriate is if you're facing identity issues/gender dysphoria and was confirmed by a doctor.

if i started calling someone who looks 100% like a dude "she" and "her", people would assume i've gone mad and cannot perceive the difference between genders.
ahh yes, in this complicated social issue the most pressing matter is what strangers think of you. rofl meme.

another problem i have is people just changing their gender because they don't feel like they're getting enough attention; they don't realise how big changing your gender is
who the forget does this? it's twisted. sounds more like a strawman than anything.

don't like most of the openly trans people on this site. in real life, couldn't care less.

also: nobody has to respect anybody's belief / decision about identity. both sides
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 03:24:41 AM by Akio- »