Author Topic: how do you feel about transgender people?  (Read 22604 times)

I don't care if they're trans or not, just don't be an ass about it and we're cool

forget the gays and forget the transmissions
i never knew you were so loveually active

¡Nø, ýoų çan't tëll mê whæt ţo do!

i never knew you were so loveually active
yeah i just really wanted to express how much i like to forget gay and transmission people

if it as an ass i'm already inside it

but to me being an asshat means
requiring me to use gender neutral or non traditional pronouns if I want to speak to them
I'd ask you how but the fact of the matter is I have a hard time caring about this kind of thing lately. nothing I or anyone else can say on this forum will change your mind. I just hope that maybe one day you will grow up, and learn to also not care
plus I'd feel kinda silly for falling for the ridiculously obvious debait (haha debate bait) that is this thread
this is precisely what I want yes

if they themselves were so tolerant, they wouldnt be asking all the time.

yeah i just really wanted to express how much i like to forget gay and transmission people

Literally /b/

i agree with OP, it's very unnatural and totally negates our years of learning about there being only two genders

i try to tolerate it but it's hard. it's oh so hard.

don't care. it's a well documented medical phenomenon and it's not my business to decide for them who they should be called - if they want to be called something, i'll try my best to call them it. if they want to be referred to as a certain gender, i'll refer to them as such.
Best response and perfectly sums up how I feel. It takes a lot of effort to be hateful yeah? Just meeting people halfway and referring to them how they want to be referred to is easier.

it's also kinda of sad to me that people don't take the fact too seriously that these people need psychiatric help... there has to be another solution other than mutilating your body. as far as i'm aware, the only thing they do to 'resolve' their problem is gender reassignment surgery. a statistic i read states that up to 20% of patients regret their decision.

i believe we need to put more focus on a viable treatment for these people.
Eh, this is an area which definitely warrants more research. Maybe there is a better alternative for some people than gender reassignment surgery, but plenty of transgendered folk find it fulfilling. This comes off as "wow these people get surgery, GROSS!!" rather than legitimate interest in it from a medical or psychological standpoint.

I know one transgendered person. They are pretty normal, just trying to get by how they feel they should. I think it would be pretty exhausting being in that situation. The body dysmorphia is bad enough, but then you've got goons who think they're in any position to criticize you for it.

In all honesty I think it shouldn't be tolerated. Not saying we should discriminate, but I think we should view it as a possible mental illness. Its literally living by a reality of being something completely different than who you really are. :P

In all honesty I think it shouldn't be tolerated. Not saying we should discriminate, but I think we should view it as a possible mental illness. Its literally living by a reality of being something completely different than who you really are. :P
But what does that mean? Identity is made by the individual. We live in a world where you can identify and be proud of your own culture, no matter what it is. Why is it that when people are biologically a boy or a girl but want to identify as something else, they are suddenly rejected by society?

It's called identity for a reason. You aren't biologically hard coded to be part of a certain culture and have to stick to that, so we shouldn't be set on whatever gender we're born into. love is different though. If you're born a boy, you're still biologically a boy, but you can still identify as whatever you want.

Because 'mind over matter' was taken to the logical extreme

Because 'mind over matter' was taken to the logical extreme
but you aren't changing anything physical when you IDENTIFY as something, are you? having a love change is a different conversation (it still works though) but if I identify as a woman then i'm a woman. I'm not physically one but it's my identity and that's what matters

but you aren't changing anything physical when you IDENTIFY as something, are you? having a love change is a different conversation (it still works though) but if I identify as a woman then i'm a woman. I'm not physically one but it's my identity and that's what matters

If every single cell in my body was male but I called myself a female, I'm still a male

what kind of zen riddle did this turn into