[Brick pack] House bricks v2

Author Topic: [Brick pack] House bricks v2  (Read 28341 times)

bri everywhere

bri
bri
bri?

Edit: Wow wtf! I had a dream and somebody posted "make some finger print scanners, eye scanners and a lever for the doors" I don't know why I had a dream about it and I replied "No I'm keeping it modern"

I didn't know it were a dream until now! That's why I came to see what I posted to the guy
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:49:37 AM by Daniel.S »

I have one simple question but it seems stupid but here's the question, are you going to add any furniture for this brick pack or no?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:25:44 PM by Master Lightbrink »

I have one simple question but it seems stupid but here's the question, are you going to add any furniture for this brick pack or no?
I'm doubtful. There's already furniture out there that's fully compatible with these house bricks.

I can see this being very useful for widescale worlds where using thousands of bricks per building wouldn't be feasable. Those destroyed wall/floor bricks remind me a lot about Fallout 3/NV's prefabs. Also has a bit of an unturned feel. Really nicely done.

make some finger print scanners, eye scanners and a lever for the doors this is a great original idea

It wasn't a dream, Daniel.S!

It was the future!

make some finger print scanners, eye scanners and a lever for the doors this is a great original idea
I don't think so he made a vow to not make futuristic stuff and to keep it modern.

No I'm keeping it modern

It wasn't a dream, Daniel.S!

It was the future!
Hahaha

Now I know you said you use these bricks to reduce the brick count, hear me out though.

Don't bricks with more polys like these lag more than normal bricks?

So you could have like 100,000 house bricks but it would probably lag more than 500,000 normal bricks

Now I know you said you use these bricks to reduce the brick count, hear me out though.

So you could have like 100,000 house bricks but it would probably lag more than 500,000 normal bricks
I know what you mean but look at the roof, the roof has 8 faces.
The windows have 14 faces so, etc. They also reduce the faces count as well

dude a house with these bricks has waaaaaay fewer faces than a house made out of smaller bricks. what

dude a house with these bricks has waaaaaay fewer faces than a house made out of smaller bricks. what
i've ran FPS tests before on large mounds of hidden bricks with no visible faces vs the same sized mound of bricks hollowed out with more faces rendered, the one with the hidden faces and more bricks inside caused more lag

Off Topic: I noticed you where doing something on your server, may I ask what?

i've ran FPS tests before on large mounds of hidden bricks with no visible faces vs the same sized mound of bricks hollowed out with more faces rendered, the one with the hidden faces and more bricks inside caused more lag
a house with these bricks probably uses around 1/5 as many bricks as it would end up using without, at least by my experience. so the question isn't whether two equally sized mounds of bricks lag differently based on faces, it's whether or not one mound can hold ~5x as many hidden brick faces and still equal the other in performance.