Author Topic: [Brick pack] House bricks v2  (Read 28324 times)

cool, make it so you can put bricks in windows + door ways, open the blb in a text editor and at the top

map out your brick in text like
if your brick was a 6x1x15 door way your map would look like this I believe

Code: [Select]
6 1 15
SPECIAL

uuuuuu
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
x-----x
d-----d

this means we can place bricks inside any of the dashed (-) areas
d means we can place bricks under them, but not inside or above
u means you can place bricks over them, but not inside or below
and x means you cant place inside over or below
and if i recall b means you can't place bricks inside but you can place them above and below

and then after the brick grid mapping, you map out the collision boxes

new line after the brick grid definition
you specify the number of collision boxes
new line

then you each collision box has its position and new line scale
so a door would look something like this preceding the above brick grid definition

1 1 7
-2 0 0

1 1 7
2 0 0

6 1 1
0 0 4

please keep in mind this is a complete estimate and you should probably let the blb exporter handle these numbers and use a collision mesh object

then directly after your last collision box comes the coverage definitions, which are not as important as the collision and brick grid stuff as coverage just deals with what faces get hidden when bricks are put up against other bricks

Alright so my door bricks are 4x1x18 So I did this

4 1 18
SPECIALBRICK

uuuu
uuuu
uuuu
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

The only reason i didn't place any on the sides is because the door frame is right to the edge so no collision needs to be there

So i left the collision because it's already set up and I tried planting the brick and it doesn't show anything at all, no ghostbrick comes up and when i try planting it on a 0 brickcount server it says overlap. But there is nothing for it to overlap on. I think what i'm going to have to do is make it just a 4x1x3 brick and just have the doorframe under it that has no bounds or collision. This will make it so they have to plant a door first

every bit of white space counts, do not add in any other new lines unless i explicitly said to put them in
also you may need to put some b's or d's at the bottom of your brick because I don't know if you will be able to place it floating if it has no bottom portion to support it

also I don't know if there is a different between SPECIAL and SPECIALBRICK but ive never used specialbrick before

if you need any other information just try looking at another oddly shapes brick for reference, off the top of my head I know my water tower has an intricate custom brick grid but that one is a bit overwhelming to look through

Nice tutorial, explained it very well.
before tutorial: "I'm a smart guy I don't need a tutorial it seems straitforward"
after tutorial: [repeated facedesk]

-snip-
Alright, I'll just keep having a mess around with it when I get back from work

before tutorial: "I'm a smart guy I don't need a tutorial it seems straitforward"
after tutorial: [repeated facedesk]
Haha what's that meant to mean?

Haha what's that meant to mean?
I didn't really get it until I watched the tutorial but I thought I did.

Also, can you add stairs that go up a floor and a "half"? So, normal height floor, then a floor with the 2x tall wall bricks as a maintenance area or something to sneak around in? There's no real good way of doing that with the existing stairs, I'd have to make my own with the 1x2 floors or something. I think someone else already asked for this. (Or just a set of stairs that goes up 2x height plus a floor. That'd actually probably be better...)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:11:49 AM by SuperSuit12 »

I didn't really get it until I watched the tutorial but I thought I did.

Also, can you add stairs that go up a floor and a "half"? So, normal height floor, then a floor with the 2x tall wall bricks as a maintenance area or something to sneak around in? There's no real good way of doing that with the existing stairs, I'd have to make my own with the 1x2 floors or something. I think someone else already asked for this. (Or just a set of stairs that goes up 2x height plus a floor. That'd actually probably be better...)
That's what I were planning on doing when I had time, I guess I can do it now while I have some time on my hands I got side tracked with something that my parents wanted doing, another day yet to come for the stairs bricks :/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:14:42 PM by Daniel.S »

these bricks might come in handy if i really want to build a house, very cool!

Alright so I just tried making a 2x4 stairs brick and this just happened, It lagged the hell out of my laptop and created 100's of obj files

And after I fixed the bricks I then got this message... So I have to contact Blockland support 'team'

Right I got it working now and here how it looks in game
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:03:35 PM by Daniel.S »

Can you make 1x1x1 plate bricks for the pack I think this would be very useful

Can you make 1x1x1 plate bricks for the pack I think this would be very useful
A Floor1x1?