Author Topic: GuiPlus - In development again (v0.9.0 beta) [Discord stuff]  (Read 8226 times)

Once again I brought back GuiPlus. If you do not remember what it is.. (https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=276870.0)

Description
GUI+ (or GuiPlus); this is a new interface for the main menu, loading menu, join server menu, and message boxes (only works when you are not on a server (meaning at the main menu)).

Images

Main menu:

Browser (grid view):

(Update 1)

(Update 2 - Selectable grids)
(Disabled auto-downloading images until I fix it) Fixed using a queue to download a certain amount at a time (and updating Support_TCPClient)

Browser (list view):

(Things look funky here, eventually will be moved around)

When connected to a server:

(Chat looks like garbage, someone please tell me how to make it better looking, eventually adding admin status to player list and other options)

Settings

Support for Blockland Glass

Things have been going out pretty good, haven't seen any issues yet. Feedback is welcome. I will eventually post a beta when it's stable enough (again).
Mainly what's holding me back from releasing this is the in-game server switcher and the grid view screwing up connections, other than that, it's running perfect. (I have not tested out other mods like Client_Themes)

Upcoming features:
+ Background manager (edits and deletes photos and sets ones you want in the background) (Might already be something like this released)
+ Right-clicking on Grid View & Adding sorting for Grid View

Download: http://visolator.block.land/storage/System_GuiPlus.zip
Be sure to report bugs! (Please be specific when reporting a bug so I can find it faster)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:14:46 PM by Kyuande »

(Disabled auto-downloading images until I fix it)

TorqueScript is bad when it comes to several connections of binary data at the same time. It will randomly just disconnect. You might have to do serial download or find some way around it.

(I have not tested out other mods like Client_Themes)

I think that if you got your own profiles it'll work out of the box. Client_Themes should only replace the default themes. However, if anyone tries to apply their own custom theme, then it should work(As mentioned here). Greek2me should know more about the functionality, though.

Other that that, this is how Blockland v2 should look like.

For your image downloading problems, try using Support_TCPClient. It's made to be reliable and handle errors well.

McTwist is correct about the Client_Themes behavior.

TorqueScript is bad when it comes to several connections of binary data at the same time. It will randomly just disconnect. You might have to do serial download or find some way around it.
Yeah I figured Torque is doing something funky with connections, I'll get random errors on TCPs sometimes. Best to just do them in chunks rather than setting them all at once

For your image downloading problems, try using Support_TCPClient. It's made to be reliable and handle errors well.

McTwist is correct about the Client_Themes behavior.
Thanks Greek, I'll try seeing if Client_Themes can work with this eventually.

I found a weird issue when pinging servers and I have no idea what causes it:
Pinging Servers...
Error: pingSingleServer() - tempKey out of range
IP here
IP here
IP here
IP here
IP here
IP here

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks Greek, I'll try seeing if Client_Themes can work with this eventually.
I just realized that it already uses Support_TCPClient, unsure why it has random issues (nothing spits out of console)

More progress:

Browser is now selectable.

this is kinda off topic, but filipe made a video about a gui, was that ever released?

I just realized that it already uses Support_TCPClient, unsure why it has random issues (nothing spits out of console)

You're using a pretty old version. Replace it with the latest version. (linked above)

After that, replace this line:
Code: [Select]
%obj = connectToURL("http://image.blockland.us/detail/" @ %data @ ".jpg", "GET", "base/GuiPlus/Cache/" @ %data @ ".jpg", "ServerBrowser_PrevTCP");with this:
Code: [Select]
%url = "http://image.blockland.us/detail/" @ %data @ ".jpg";
%method = "GET";
%downloadPath = "base/GuiPlus/Cache/" @ %data @ ".jpg";
%class = "ServerBrowser_PrevTCP";
%options = new ScriptObject( : TCPClientDefaults)
{
debug = true;
printErrors = true;
};
%obj = connectToURL(%url, %method, %downloadPath, %class, %options);
for debugging purposes.

It'll print everything out.

Thanks Greek.

It works, cool. I created a queue system to only download 2 at a time since it lags a little.

Another edit: Updated the chat for the loading ui (new image in OP), hopefully that looks better

Getting really close to the beta.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:51:08 PM by Kyuande »

I guess I can beta test if you're gonna need any testers

So this is technically GuiPlus+

this is kinda off topic, but filipe made a video about a gui, was that ever released?
That was just a video concept I made which honestly looking back at it, it doesn't look good anymore.

I need this in my life