GuiPlus - What's new? [Beta v0.42] (Canceled)

Author Topic: GuiPlus - What's new? [Beta v0.42] (Canceled)  (Read 24713 times)

Helloooo, I'm bring back goodies
Sorry, this has been causing more issues than it should, I'm going to be done with the project.

I will try my best to not let this die.

Thanks Fluffy for this wonderful GUI. I will keep continuing this.

What is this? - Pictures - News - Bugs/Known issues - Download

What is this?
GUI+ (or GuiPlus); this is a new interface for the main menu, loading menu, join server menu, and message boxes (only works when you are not on a server (meaning at the main menu)). If you think your interface looks boring, you can use this one! See "Pictures" tab to see more info about each one.

Pictures

Here is the interface of the main menu. Clicking the area where your name will be when it welcomes you (Where "DNS failed" is), will create a popup on the top right of the screen to change your key or your name.

Loading menu! and custom playerlist interface.

Bugs/Known Issues
Before you think about complaining, here are the known bugs/issues.

--Main menu--
  _> No bugs at the moment! Yay!

--Loading menu--
> Chat hud will go behind the server menu when you click the server menu.
> "Loading spawn time:" is hidden because it is broken (see the code to see why)
> Server preview does not show yet
> Main window does not center, because the code doesn't say so.
> Chat hud will sometimes not show up, wonder why this is happening, I might just make a new chat hud for this mod

--Join-a-server menu--
> Not all pictures will show on the grid list. - This isn't an issue, it's something wrong with the server.
> Grid menu search issues, and doesn't select but instantly connects (this was default, shouldn't really count as a bug/issue).
> List menu has sort issues.

News
3/26/15 - Start
-> Released beta v0.31

3/27/15 - Beta 0.35
-+> Fixed hours on the main menu clock.
-+> Fixed double clicking on auth bar text for the drop menu.
-+> Fixed centering the main window on the loading gui.
-+> Fixed constant repositioning on the join-a-server gui.
-+> You can now right click on the auth bar and it will re-auth.

4/12/15 - Beta 0.42
-+> Fixed ping issues.
-+> 404 issues are now rare because of ping issues were resolved.
-+> List menu now gets the server list at lightning speed.
-+> Fixed clicking "refresh list" many times in a second will crash the game or create duplicates

Download
GitHub: https://github.com/Visolator/System_GuiPlus | You may pull requests to fix any script if you like.
Dropbox: System_GuiPlus

Have any questions and want an answer? (I don't quickly PM here, but if you have some quick questions)
Steam: Visolator
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:06:34 PM by Advanced Bot »

Holy stuff, great work.

I've been waiting for this for such a long time.

Forgot to give credit to Fluffy that originally made this.

I thought it was long-dead. Glad to see it's back

Cool. You should make the server list re-sizable though, cause it's pretty small for people with a big resolution. Also you left tango debug on in-case you didn't know.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:30:10 AM by Crøwn »

You should make the server list re-sizable though
This will be challenging because I would have to modify how the grid view will work.

Update: Hours on the clock on the main menu is now fixed.
Update2: Fixed double clicking the auth bar.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:53:01 AM by Advanced Bot »

hawt. glad to see this coming back

I'm curious how well this works with Client_Themes.
edit: Answer - quite well!

Some problems: Clicking on a server in the grid view immediately joins it. It would make more sense to select it instead.
There's a number of 404 errors in the console from image.blockland.us.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:09:41 PM by Greek2me »

It lacks in ease-of-use. When refreshing master server, not only does the master server take forever to load, but you need to constantly re-apply filter. Search doesn't work, simply refreshes list. The Grid View completely lacks any sort of filtering and searching and while the annoyingly long load takes place, you are constantly reset to 0 position when scrolling down. There are overlapping text and buttons in the "Server is dead" dialogue. The player count needs to be more easily distinguishable, maybe format the first letter list, all the forward slashes at same point and max players start at an universal line. The drop-down menus feel clunky and unresponsive. This conflicts with a lot of mods, even with ones that don't affect the master server itself, like RejoinServer client that affects the 'Joining Server' dialogue by adding a check-box and some text so to the bottom of it. Very long server names break into the Dedicated column. Selecting LAN does not automatically clear the view of any Internet servers. The filtering buttons should use the entire text as a selectable object rather than just the arrow. There should be an option to make the server list automatically filter to player count once the server loading is made smoother.

Edit: Highlighted the most important bits.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:29:49 PM by Dannu »

btw chat censor doesn't work when i have it on (only tried this on 1 server, and it may be a conflicting addon doing this)

(insert clicking download button gif here)

I'm curious how well this works with Client_Themes.
This was a plan to add themes.

Some problems: Clicking on a server in the grid view immediately joins it. It would make more sense to select it instead.
There's a number of 404 errors in the console from image.blockland.us.
Yeah, I've been trying to experiment with it. I'll see what I can do.
404 errors usually mean that the server is down, or it somehow got the data incorrectly. Not sure how to prevent this.

"master server take forever to load" - I'm thinking of it just getting a cached list of it and then doing all the stuff, since that is what it is currently doing every line it gets from the server.
"need to constantly re-apply filter" - See my reply for your concern of "filtering buttons"
"Search doesn't work" - Probably not for the grid, if that is what you are talking about.
"you are constantly reset to 0 position" - It seems to set itself at "1 1" for the canvas; but I can't believe I didn't figure this out.
"The drop-down menus feel clunky and unresponsive" - What are you talking about?
"The filtering buttons should use the entire text as a selectable object rather than just the arrow" - This will be difficult to fix. Although I can fix the list from unsorting (When more lines are added).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414858774
The server list while refreshing seems to multiply the servers.
Kind of related to: "> Clicking "refresh list" many times in a second will crash the game.", but I'll add a mini comment on it about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414859677
Loading screen isn't centered
This is an easy fix.

I'll add most of these bugs onto the list. I'll even try to fix them.

Also having issues putting the entire file on Github as folders by using the client. Got it to work. See topic for the link.

Update! - Beta v0.36 (Will be updated on those lines)
- Version jumped a little because the last update didn't have a version jump.
> Fixed centering the main window on the loading gui.
> Fixed constant repositioning on the join-a-server gui.
> You can now right click on the auth bar and it will re-auth.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:23:58 PM by Advanced Bot »