Author Topic: Pinewood, Arizona (other topic got too old >:c)  (Read 3817 times)

Old topic: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302900.0

I livestreamed the construction and terrained around this new cabin:

This is the second of what will become four large mountainside cabins, each one larger than the last as you progress down towards the culdesac at the end of this road.

nice job, when do you plan on releasing the save?

nice job, when do you plan on releasing the save?
When I finish it.

the cabin itself needs more colours other than just one shade of brown

the cabin itself needs more colours other than just one shade of brown
What do you suggest I do then?

What do you suggest I do then?
the whole house is pretty much wood and grey shingles, and while that is realistic to an actual cabin, it doesn't do justice for my taste. i'd say just to add more shades of brown to the walls, but that would look ugly on this building, so i think you should try giving more colour to certain aspects of the house itself. for example, the window frames extruding out of the walls are also brown, and if you repainted that grey to fit in with the roof shingles, or maybe even added a planter (which is adding green), it would look marginally better

the whole house is pretty much wood and grey shingles, and while that is realistic to an actual cabin, it doesn't do justice for my taste. i'd say just to add more shades of brown to the walls, but that would look ugly on this building, so i think you should try giving more colour to certain aspects of the house itself. for example, the window frames extruding out of the walls are also brown, and if you repainted that grey to fit in with the roof shingles, or maybe even added a planter (which is adding green), it would look marginally better

Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

I livestreamed the construction
oh
when I saw the thread, I assumed that was "I'm building something out of real, actual pine wood."

I'm always very impressed by how nice you make Arizona look. Is this inspired by Flagstaff?

That's a great build, can't wait to see the finished piece.

I'm always very impressed by how nice you make Arizona look. Is this inspired by Flagstaff?
Inspired by Alpine, Arizona.  Just west of the border to New Mexico.
My mom's boyfriend has a property there and I intend on designing an actual cabin for it.

Pretty lovey. Any interiors yet?