Author Topic: Do cheap as forget midi - usb cables even work?  (Read 1218 times)

I bought one for my piano to hook it up to my pc because the sound the piano makes is awfull
So I tought buying a midi cable to hook it up to my pc and use a seperate program to get clearer sounds
But its like a cheap 10 quid cable from ebay

they're pretty simple so I don't see why they would HAVE to cost much, there's not much that can go wrong.
before I got a nice interface I used the M-Audio Uno and thats only like 30 USD. only thing that might possibly be bad about it is the latency, but chances are it will be totally fine.

Ive heard stories about notes not registering or being heard double so iduno
Well it was only 10 quids so if it sucks it isnt that bad. I didnt really want to spend 50 quids on a simple cable while a cheaper one might work too
Oh well, ill see when it arrives

i got one for like 3 bucks and it works fine

Haha nice try dude you can't plug a piano into your computer

Haha nice try dude you can't plug a piano into your computer

Is it the built-in speakers that are bad? You could just buy some better speakers to hook into it if so

i got this one a year or two ago and it works well. it's relatively cheap and has pretty strong build quality. the cable is 6 ft long too which is nice.

there's really not that much to MIDI cables so any old cable will probably be ok. whatever you ordered should work fine. if not, i'd recommend the one i have

dude that's like $12 USD lol I would not pay that much for a USB cable

Ive heard stories about notes not registering or being heard double so iduno
Well it was only 10 quids so if it sucks it isnt that bad. I didnt really want to spend 50 quids on a simple cable while a cheaper one might work too
Oh well, ill see when it arrives
you see this kind of mentality isnt good
"why buy one expensive one when you can buy a cheap one"
because you will have to buy more and more cheap ones and eventually you wouldve spent less buying the expensive one once

Is it the built-in speakers that are bad? You could just buy some better speakers to hook into it if so
The speakers are fine. The sound is just bad.
And I cant hook up my other speakers because the piano is old as forget and 3.5mm doesnt fit

And I cant hook up my other speakers because the piano is old as forget and 3.5mm doesnt fit

I'm assuming your piano has one of those bigger headphone cables, in which case just get a converter.

lots of digital pianos use the larger jack. i have a yamaha dgx-530 and it uses that jack

after you get your midi cable what program are you gonna use to get piano sounds?

after you get your midi cable what program are you gonna use to get piano sounds?
No clue
Synthesia is p cheap