if you had to choice to make blockland fun again but ruin the community

Poll

!!!

let a million new players in at the expense of our community
45 (45%)
keep blockland small so our community is unique
55 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: if you had to choice to make blockland fun again but ruin the community  (Read 3930 times)

if you want to make the community great again allow betelgeuse and ravencroft back on the forums

most bad and toxic communities are the really large ones.
hahhaahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahhahhhahahahaahaha

if you want to make the community great again allow betelgeuse and ravencroft back on the forums
Good one

Instead we could just ban you and make it even better.

>Make community great
>Allow betel and raven

pick one

why are you so aggressive in your posts?

>Make community great
>Allow betel and raven

pick one
considering they've been around for years and provide endless hilarity it'd certainly be an improvement over the current status quoe of morons such as buzzwaker and matthew along with the furrys that have taken over the forum.

and what have i done exactly

along with the furrys that have taken over the forum.
¿Qué?

patton bow down or bend over to your new furry overlords

Blockland is like that really close neighborhood that's loving disgusting from the outside but once you get used to the filth get inside you realize it's beautiful

blockland forums is like a college dorm
it's disgusting and from the outside it looks like everyone's an starfish but you can make good friends and have the time of your life

Accountability would go out the window with a significant increase in players (ROBLOX levels). Right now, we are such a tight-knit community that we can all watch over one another and hold each other accountable for each other's forget-ups. Games like ROBLOX and GMod with their millions of players don't even have things like the Drama board to regulate its player base. If someone does something bad there, it gets forgotten and they don't learn from their mistakes. While that may be mostly true here as well, the Drama board does convert some jackasses into good people. With a massive increase in players would come a STAGGERING increase in bad players, and it would be difficult to keep track of all of them.

The notion that development would skyrocket substantially is also flawed. Sure, there are a few diamonds in the rough, but think about how many among us are noteworthy devs right now in this community. Taking cues from ROBLOX and GMod, you could easily expect what Carlin called children; "A few winners, a WHOLE LOT of LOSERS." Also, keep in mind that most of the """""development""""" in these games is repeated copies of previously-made work. Blockland filters that out. So what do you get really?

It would be awesome to have a few more dedicated players. The levels you're talking about, though, are WAY too much for a game/community like this.

yes let the refugees new players in.

It would actually give me a reason to make new maps and gamemodes

That all being said, it could afford to be more populated. It's definitely not 'on the fence' of being the utopia you desire and being a complete mess. It could hold even twice the amount before you start losing that 'tight-knit' feel.
I'd personally prefer a much larger community regardless. Sure, there's a bunch of morons making mistakes and never having that community pressure on them. But the game would be much more fun. Other games do have much more players and yes, they don't have the 'drama section to right the wrongs'. But they're still fun to play. And maybe it's better that you don't keep track of all the people. I think that's a wrong focus altogether. This is first and foremost a place of discussion for a single game.
As far as content-creation goes, one of the major reasons I've stopped working on anything is because... "there wouldn't be enough people actively interested in this for it to be worth developing."
Destructive logic I know. Not enough players = less incentive to make things. Things not being made = more people lose interest.