[1878] Sid Jairo's Europa Forumalis: Course of Empire - A CHINA DIVIDED!

Author Topic: [1878] Sid Jairo's Europa Forumalis: Course of Empire - A CHINA DIVIDED!  (Read 53454 times)

I thought Japan took Manchuria and Russia's claim was a joke

they've opted for taiwan instead and russia's an starfish but it's basically all desert so whatever

I should've addressed the impossibility of their 400k march when there's zero infrastructure to support men that far but I'll just have to remember it for next time

me am dumb, so i'm sorry

the emperor asks for support from other nations for his cause, while the shogun tries to keep the peace

making use of the money rewarded from the prussian-austro war against the french and new profits off of the czech workforce, austria offers to provide economic aid to bavaria, as well as assistance in building and improving their nation's infrastructure

they've opted for taiwan instead and russia's an starfish but it's basically all desert so whatever

I should've addressed the impossibility of their 400k march when there's zero infrastructure to support men that far but I'll just have to remember it for next time

anything goes in russia friend

conscription is reduced to 4%

the best of veterans are promoted and used to reform and modernize the aging officer corps of russia, while the otherwise experienced remain in service. conscripts that demonstrated comparatively poor performance in russia's recent wars are simply discharged as the military is downsized.

50,000 veterans are to be shipped to japan in order to aid the emperor in his quest to retake his throne

in the face of growing liberal democratic movements in Russia, with popular disdain for the autocratic ways of old, the Tsar reviews his options with his best advisors, many of them having personally communicated with the observer-officers previously sent to observe the American civil war. They decide that, while the Crown itself cannot have its powers handicapped so severely as seen in the British Empire, the aristocracy must be uprooted. They settle on an American-inspired, nationalist bill of rights.

Declaration I:
The right of those Russian and unlanded to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Declaration II:
No unlanded Russian shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Declaration III:
In all criminal prosecutions, if Russian, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Declaration IV:
The Zemstvo legal system shall dominate the lower politics of all inner Russia, as defined to be the lands once home to the ancient Ruthenians, Novgorodians, and Muscovites; there will be no preference based on wealth, nor status, as any Russian man may elect or be elected into office under the Zemstva, with the landed nobility hereby submitting their antiquated and domineering privileges to the people of Russia.

Declaration V:
To remain modern, and to assure that Russian quality of life is comparable to the rest of Europe, landed nobility may not focus all of their lands on unnecessary and wasteful agriculture; a focus on textiles and steel is to be expected, for the good of the State and her subjects, though this must not be misconstrued as a prohibition on agriculture, as such would lead to inevitable famine.

notably, the rights as described in the new bill do not apply to territorial subjects such as the inner-asian steppes and deserts. disgruntled aristocrats are given land in inner asia as a placative move.

those of the Russian military not already deployed are to focus on the fortification of the newfound border with China
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:39:43 PM by Juncoph »

a portion of the currently standing forces are resettled along the moldavian and wallachian borders

egypt has extended a white peace to the ottoman empire (all land held is kept)

(also are you sure you want to invade hejaz? it's actually arabia right now)
ottomans accept white peace
also ottomen halt invasion of arabia

The US sends support to the imperialists. Your flimsy katanas won't beat our springfields and our winchesters.

Germany extends a free trade agreement to the Swiss...

Germany continually supports militarization of society.

Federal positions are opened to the German man; no longer are Germans restricted by class to their right to partake in government...

ottoman would like to befriend pizza hut

when do we get a divided divided

Emperor Meiji thanks the President for America's support, and promises future trade.

in unrelated news...
Tokugawa has denounced America, warning the world that they are not to be trusted!

Emperor Meiji thanks the President for America's support, and promises future trade.

wtf

50,000 veterans are to be shipped to japan in order to aid the emperor in his quest to retake his throne

:(

i'm back my senors

reconquista

After fixing up and tidying up the nation from the earlier wars, Mexico looks at it's surrounding more clearly now. Mexico also had it's election, having Sebastián Lerdo de Tejada win the presidency.

After their last request from the Central American states being denied, Mexico now makes a formal demand to turn over their sovereignty to Mexico in the will that Central America be unified, just as it was before, but under one single state as of this time. (not including belize i do not like you uk we will get you. with our charisma)

They are Spanish, which means this state split is not right for the regional stability of Central America and could work better if it was under one single state. The terms will be the same as before for those who accept the offer now, but if they choose to deny, they will be declared war against and forcefully incorporated into the nation-state.

(if you need it to be technical we are demand Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica to incorporate themselves into Mexico without violence.)

Mexico dedicates 100,000 soldiers at the southern border, ready to 'incorporate' any nation-states that deny the offer. The rest are switched amongst the land to border patrol and military policing. Also reserves.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:58:21 PM by mattsos »

Meiji promises relations with glorious Russia will continue and be even better for grorious nihon