0 (0%)
no
1 (100%)
give me it
0 (0%)
wheres my whm changes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV Online - Egg event thingy - Stormblood 71 days  (Read 12584 times)

Description
Final Fantasy XIV (ファイナルファンタジーXIV), also known as Final Fantasy XIV Online, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game for Windows via their website or Steam and Mac. It was developed and published by Square Enix in 2010. It is the fourteenth entry in the main Final Fantasy series and the second MMORPG in the series after Final Fantasy XI. Set in the fantasy realm of Eorzea, players take control of a customized avatar as they explore the land and are caught up in both an invasion by the hostile Garlean Empire and the threat of the Primals, the deities of the land's Beastmen tribes. Eventually, they are embroiled in a plot by a Garlean Legatus to destroy the Primals by bringing one of the planet's moons down on Eorzea.

Races [link]
The races are the sentient humanoid species that inhabit Eorzea. There are six playable races. Each race has two separate clans, which have separate histories in the lore.

"Never did we expect to encounter such a diverse and wealthy people! And so very tall!"
- from Travel Logs of a Lalafell, Jajariku Nanariku

Elezen (El-uh-zen)

(Duskright Elezen)

(Wildwood Elezen)

ur an elf

The Elezen were original settlers of Eorzea. The Wildwood live in the forests and possess a keen sense of sight - a contributing factor in their unparalleled expertise as archers. The Duskwight are a reclusive clan who dwell in caves and caverns, which has given them a heightened sense of hearing. The two clans seem to dislike each other immensely.
Hyur (hee-oor)

(Midlander Hyur)

(Highlander Hyur)

hooman

Boasting the largest population in Eorzea, the Hyur came from neighboring continents and islands in three great migratory waves... They are divided into the Midlander and the Highlander Hyur.
Miqo'te (Mee-KO-tay)

(Seekers of the Sun Miqo'te)
but mooncats are better than suncats

(Keepers of the Moon Miqo'te)

nyaa

The Miqo'te are very devout people, but are divided into two religious sects: the Seekers of the Sun, who are dedicated to the sun goddess Azeyma the Warden, and the nocturnal Keepers of the Moon, who are dedicated to the moon goddess Menphina the Lover.
Roegadyn (ROO-guh-deen)

(Sea Wolves Roegadyn)

(Hellsguard Roegadyn)

some buff dude

They hail from the northern regions and are divided into the Sea Wolves and the Hellsguard. The Sea Wolves were once a band of fearsome pirates, but have since largely abandoned that lifestyle; presently they are normally employed as sailors or naval mercenaries. The Hellsguard, on the other hand, dwell in a volcanic region and are said to be masters of the magical arts, guarding the gateway to Hell itself.
Lalafell (lah~lah~fell)

(Plainsfolk Lalafell)

(Dunesfolk Lalafell)

become a smol meme

The Lalafell were originally a group of agriculturalists inhabiting the fertile islands of the south seas... They are of high agility and intelligence, are from the southern regions, and are divided into the Plainsfolk and the Dunesfolk. The Plainsfolk are a very earthy clan who thrive on the prairies. The Dunesfolk literally live on the backs of enormous beasts of burden and are known for wearing gemstones in their foreheads that signify their zodiacal signs.
Au Ra (AU-ra) (Heavensward DLC)

(Xaela Au Ra)

(Raen Au Ra)

rawr

The curved horns and beautifully patterned scales that characterize the Au Ra oft give rise to speculation that this Hyur-like race native to the Far Eastern continent of Othard are, in fact, the progeny of dragons.

Classes & Jobs [link]
In general, there is a fourfold classification of adventurers based on the disciplinary paths to which they devote themselves. Battle classes are either a Disciple of War, masters of arms who live for the call of combat, or a Disciple of Magic, erudite researchers of all things esoteric. Non-combat classes can be either a Disciple of the Land, gatherers of material resources and students of the natural order, or a Disciple of the Hand, crafters who invest their creative ingenuity in synthesis and industry. By making use of what is called the Armoury system, players may opt to specialize in one discipline, excelling in a single skill, or they may take a more general approach.

"Every soul must needs have a code, a purpose, to guide them. Else chaos would consume us all."
- The Determination of Being, Guillaurmand de Padellaint

Changing classes is as simple as switching the weapon or tool equipped in the character's main hand.

By meeting certain prerequisites, Disciples of War or Disciples of Magic can change from their classes to more specialized jobs. Taking on a job gives characters access to exclusive skills and actions, but also restricts the use of actions learned while on other classes.

Disciples of War

Classes
Archer
Gladiator
Lancer
Marauder  
Pugilist  
Rogue

Jobs
Bard
Paladin
Dragoon
Warrior
Monk
Ninja
Machinist  
Dark Knight

Disciples of Magic

Classes
Conjurer
Thaumaturge  
Arcanist

Jobs
White Mage  
Black Mage
Summoner  
Scholar
Astrologian

Disciples of the Hand

Classes
Alchemist  
Armorer  
Blacksmith  
Carpenter  
Culinarian  
Goldsmith  
Leatherworker  
Weaver

Disciples of the Land

Classes
Botanist  
Fisher
Miner  

Current/Patch Notes

Patch Notes
Stormblood Pre-order bonuses

Player Screenshots

Screenshots of fellow BLF members who play the game. Each screenshot is clickable to view the full image

From left to right: Remurr, Clownfish, Xillogean, Maplelink64
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:12:22 AM by Xillogean »

Playerlist

BLF Name     FFXIV Server     Username
RemurrAdamantoiseZuzuki Zuki
Maplelink64AdamantoiseNatalia Smith
PastafishAdamantoiseMarie Tortellini
Tornado KirbyAdamantoiseIvan Dantesen
AheadAdamantoiseAeditha Greenwood
kongoSirenManiac Mike
XillogeanAdamantoiseNawa Akhabila
ZackAdamantoiseDaraen Reflet
Ninja DedoyZalera/AdamNinja Decoy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:04:21 AM by Xillogean »

i have attempted to install this game several times

first try it would not download past 287.39 mb

second try with vpn did not work

third try uninstalled. re-installed. launcher no longer starts. no more error codes. absolutely no feedback.

fourth try uninstalled again re-installed. lost every final fantasy file in documents. still have files that should let me start it in program files when i install it.

tl;dr it's harder to install this game than it is to kill yourself
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:58:43 AM by kongo »

i have attempted to install this game several times

first try it would not download past 287.39 mb

second try with vpn did not work

third try uninstalled. re-installed. launcher no longer starts. no more error codes. absolutely no feedback.

fourth try uninstalled again re-installed. lost every final fantasy file in documents. still have files that should let me start it in program files when i install it.

tl;dr it's harder to install this game than it is to kill yourself

ive had issues with vpn's and software such as hamachi where downloads stop at points forever, or just not at all
but that still sucks

very good game

we are on adamantoise btw

very good game

we are on adamantoise btw
yes
this game is good also im the best catgirl around

yes
this game is good also im the best catgirl around
no im the best catgirl

i don't even play this and i am the best catgirl

who on cactaur
ninja decoy is as well as a few other people from here are but i forgot who

I want to play this so much but the monthly sub just turns me away, for now at least

ninja decoy is as well as a few other people from here are but i forgot who
Incorrect, I only have an alt there.

I am on Zalera
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/11869698/

Lets hope this topic lasts longer than the one I put up a while back.

Lets hope this topic lasts longer than the one I put up a while back.
I'll try to keep this topic alive with updates and fun stuff

this is probably one of the games i want to play most but have no one to play with. 140 hours in it but no real progress because i just eventually get bored by playing solo