LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for

Author Topic: LegoPepper - Unreasonable Admin, Making up false reasons to ban me for  (Read 48432 times)

Also I have tried to play on the server. The clusterforget of rules, regulations, and damn much you had to type over actually playing makes the server a bore

This does not invalidate his or my claims and opinions
Well, in order to speak about what the server is like, you'd expect that he'd seen the thing he's making assertions about.
Also I have tried to play on the server. The clusterforget of rules, regulations, and damn much you had to type over actually playing makes the server a bore
I'm not quite sure why you would join a roleplaying server and be annoyed when it involves talking with people.

I'm not quite sure why you would join a roleplaying server and be annoyed when it involves talking with people.
I can tell you didn't read my post at all

The cluster forget of rules that you have to remember, along with having to type literally 80 - 90% of the time you're there makes the server very boring and very hard to enjoy. When I play a game, I want to play, not write a novel before I press a button.

Those roleplays that are extremely serious are always very borning to play due to you having to type 90% of the time you play
pretty off topic, but imo completely serious roleplays are boring because there's no action, and when action happens it just ends up getting nowhere

generic "bad" guy #6079 squares off against generic loyal knight guy #208. generic loyal knight guy swings sword, generic bad "guy" dodges and attempts to stab generic loyal knight guy with knife. 20 minutes of arguing about whether generic "bad" guy is allowed to dodge swords. 20 more minutes of arguing about whether generic "bad" guy's knife can even penetrate generic loyal knight guy's armor.

i don't know if that's considered a strawman since it obviously hasn't happened but i'd be surprised if anybody that's been on multiple roleplay servers has not experienced something very similar a bunch of times

I can tell you didn't read my post at all

The cluster forget of rules that you have to remember, along with having to type literally 80 - 90% of the time you're there makes the server very boring and very hard to enjoy. When I play a game, I want to play, not write a novel before I press a button.
While I can understand not liking the presence of rules, as regulating RP isn't for everybody, expecting an RP server to not involve typing is like complaining that The Canterbury Tales doesn't have enough swordfights.

pretty off topic, but imo completely serious roleplays are boring because there's no action, and when action happens it just ends up getting nowhere

generic "bad" guy #6079 squares off against generic loyal knight guy #208. generic loyal knight guy swings sword, generic bad "guy" dodges and attempts to stab generic loyal knight guy with knife. 20 minutes of arguing about whether generic "bad" guy is allowed to dodge swords. 20 more minutes of arguing about whether generic "bad" guy's knife can even penetrate generic loyal knight guy's armor.

i don't know if that's considered a strawman since it obviously hasn't happened but i'd be surprised if anybody that's been on multiple roleplay servers has not experienced something very similar a bunch of times
Also clear you haven't played on this server, because combat is done through actual combat rather than, say, *swings sword*.

Also clear you haven't played on this server, because combat is done through actual combat rather than, say, *swings sword*.
i said off topic because it's my opinion on serious roleplays, not this server in particular

but i have joined but i joined and there was a "law" or something that said if anybody enters some big city they're to be executed

and everyone was currently in that city

so y'know

didn't really get a chance to do much but wander around the gigantic map

While I can understand not liking the presence of rules, as regulating RP isn't for everybody, expecting an RP server to not involve typing is like complaining that The Canterbury Tales doesn't have enough swordfights
Can you not read or something

Can you not read or something
Adding onto this now that I'm on PC

It's not that I don't like the presence of rules, but when there are so many god damn rules that makes playing the server very nerve-racking and thus, it isn't fun. Would you rather play an RP server with about 10 or so rules that all explain the point very well and aren't restrictive, or play an RP server with 20 and more that are very restrictive?

Also, I am in no way expecting RPs to contain no text. Please state and explain where I said that. I'm saying having to type paragraphs just to do anything is extremely boring and is a server turnoff. In an RP you're supposed to have good game play, whilst still having it where you have to type a small sentence before you do things. Having to type 2+ sentences every button press, asking for the other player's "consent" to do anything and so forth makes playing the server a chore and thus it becomes very tedious to do anything.

Server is absolutely stuff. I got arrested for trespassing for about 20 minutes then got executed because 2 people tried to break me out.

Seems to be a misunderstanding of what the rules are. Allow me to explain.

1. Use an appropriate roleplaying name.
 - Do not use your Blockland username.
 - Do not use any vulgar language.
Needs no explanation.

2. Have OOC chat etiquette.
 - Remain civil in both OOC and sits.
 - No flaming in OOC or sits.
 - No spamming.
Don't be a richard.

3. No Random Deathmatch (RDM).
 - Do not attack / kill characters for out-of-character reasons.
 - No anti-society "kill everyone" characters.
       + You can't kill someone because you're a serial killer.
 - Assassins / Sellswords will be held accountable for their kills.
       + You must know why you are hired to ensure you are hired for a valid reason.
       + To be safe, you can always ask an admin (via /admin <msg>) if their reasons are valid.
 - Circumstances in which you absolutely CANNOT attack:
       + It is your "destiny" to kill them.
       + You are jealous of their power.
       + You are tired of their existence.
       + They don’t follow impossible/suicidal requests.
 - Circumstances in which you cannot kill, but can DOWN:
       + You are interfering with a a conflict that you weren't a part of to begin with.
       + They refuse to tell you their name. (/reveal)
       + They attempt to pick pocket you / rob you and its their FIRST OFFENSE.
 - Circumstances in which you CAN kill:
       + You can kill as long as you have a VALID personal vendetta:
              -> Ex1. If the person ATTACKED you or TORTURED you previously.
              -> Ex2. If the person KILLED one of your FRIENDS or LOVED ONES.
              -> Personal vendettas can only last up to ONE IRL WEEK.
       + They do NOT submit to what you tell them to do (as long as it isn't impossible) AND you've given them enough time to submit (15+ seconds).
This is the most important one. Basically, it's to ensure that deaths happen for character reasons rather than mistaking the server for a deathmatch.
Despite this rule, it's still pretty easy to cause fights. Make a threat- if they refuse, attack. Most of the text of the rule is to reduce ambiguity.

4. No Baiting.
 - Do not randomly swing at -or near -people without a valid reason - that can still count as RDM.
Don't provoke RDM- see above.

5. Do not set your RP name to another person’s character unless they’re dead.
 - If you\'re planning to disguise yourself as someone else you are allowed to steal their avatar, but you are not allowed to set your RP name to theirs unless you are 100% sure they are dead.
Honestly not sure about this rule, but it pretty much never comes up.

6. No invading cities with 3 or more people unless an admin can regulate the battle.
 - If no admin is regulating the battle, then everyone engaged in the battle is breaking this rule.
 - When invading, you may NOT kill random people if they have not done anything to your character.
This is to ensure RDM doesn't occur during large battles.

7. When you're dead, stay dead. (New Life Rule)
 - Unless you were RDMed, roll a new character.
 - Dying as a result of parkour failure counts as an in-character death.
 - When starting a new character, be original and don't act/look the same as your previous one.
Dead is dead.

8. Do not disconnect to avoid conflict.
 - If you are being chased and you leave, this is seen as avoiding a potential death.
 - If you crash, you have two minutes to rejoin before it is interpreted as avoiding conflict.
 - If you have to leave while in conflict, make sure you tell the people involved FIVE MINUTES before you disconnect.
You're not a wizard, you can't teleport out of danger.

9. Do not disconnect when in a sit.
 - Unless you come back soon, an admin will interpret your disconnect as ban evasion and your ban time will be doubled.
If you leave when an admin is talking to you about rulebreaking, you probably don't care about having broken the rules.

10. No Metagaming/Ghosting
 - Do not communicate ANY in-character information through out-of-character context.
       + This includes communication through other add-ons or third party software (Ex. Skype/Discord).
 - If you start as a new character, you do not have any recollection of your previous character's death.
 An attempt at ensuring medieval-ness, since there are no telecommunications in the middle ages.

11. No FailRP (Failure to Roleplay)
 - Keep all chat relevant to the medieval time period.
       + You may not roleplay as a MODERN faction (Ex. CIA).
 - Keep out-of-character stuff in the OOC chat.
 - No spazzing out.
Actually roleplay, please.

Server is absolutely stuff. I got arrested for trespassing for about 20 minutes then got executed because 2 people tried to break me out.
That's like going on a TDM and then saying the server sucks because you lost.

That's like going on a TDM and then saying the server sucks because you lost.
The thing is I can control if I win at a TDM or not or at least influence it. I can't control the fact that 2 people tried to break me out and that the guard just sat in my cell for 20 minutes watching me like a loving child enthusiast watching a child. Also 20 loving minutes for walking into somewhere? DarkRP is less stuffty than that.

The thing is I can control if I win at a TDM or not or at least influence it. I can't control the fact that 2 people tried to break me out and that the guard just sat in my cell for 20 minutes watching me like a loving child enthusiast watching a child. Also 20 loving minutes for walking into somewhere? DarkRP is less stuffty than that.
In-character laws are made by other players. Don't like them? Start a revolution.

Viva la revolucion *Throws knife into the kings heart*

*You have been banned for 10080 minutes.

Reason: You did not publish a 200 page manifest on why you killed the king, you did not ask for the kings permission before you threw a knife into his heart, also his dying words were "I Submit" so you were not able to kill him*