Nothing
something else
nothing
something
nothing
nothing
Nothing!
Something!

Author Topic: Post 3D models here!  (Read 71943 times)

He could have modified it.

He could have modified it.

That doesn't make it his model when he claimed it is.

Pay attention to the obvious differences.

Monty is a very epic modeller and a perfectionist when it comes to weapons. Anyone even thought of the possibility that he replicated this?

Monty is a very epic modeller and a perfectionist when it comes to weapons. Anyone even thought of the possibility that he replicated this?

Why have I never seen any unique models from him if he's so good? It doesn't require much skill to copy such a basic shape into a modeller.

You haven't seen any because he doesn't release them, and he only makes them for LotR most of the time. I would show you them but I don't see why I should.

Either perspective is messing with me or the back and front of the gun are different.
The metal thing is slightly curved in the right image, while it isn't on the left one. And the very back part isn't as slanted on the right as it is on the left.

Squint then look again the front does turn inwards the perspective just hides it.

Can you explain the broken faces?

A good explanation would be my laziness.

A lazy perfectionist, thats rich.

We have Oxy, Fuel and power, all we need now is a source of ignition.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:52:18 PM by Monty »

Pay attention to the obvious differences.

There are no obvious differences, there are obvious similarities. I'v seen this same model try to get passed off as someones own work at other forums. I know he didn't make this.

And the broken faces can be explained by you doing that after I brought up the fact the model isn't yours. Besides, the coplanar faces there weren't present in the original picture. As for "replicating the model", why would you do that when you can make a better one from scratch with some decent references?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:52:40 PM by rentafence »

To brand me with a false accusation of deliberately breaking faces is silliness, I wouldn't go rooting through half a thousand folders just to find a working .ms3d to break.

Also:
A good explanation would be my laziness.

To brand me with a false accusation of deliberately breaking faces is silliness, I wouldn't go rooting through half a thousand folders just to find a working .ms3d to break.

My accusation is not false, and laziness does not account for an exact copy of someone else's work.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:05:37 PM by rentafence »

Why do I need to explain why the coplanars are missing in the original picture again?

They were not present in the original picture, but when I looked at the newer one you posted, I noticed it was the other side.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:43:54 PM by rentafence »