what happened to autobahn

Author Topic: what happened to autobahn  (Read 1322 times)

im seriously wondering which forumers actually died here and thats why some of them just stopped posting

He was probably so stunned by the ignorance and stupidity of Tokthree's handicapped tech support tips that he was frozen into a coma that he's not come out of yet.

im seriously wondering which forumers actually died here and thats why some of them just stopped posting
I've posted about the stats b4

information from these two posts
it's closer to 100k at this point* but it's probably safe to say that well over half of them are bots. probably even more than that
*uh, what. I guess maybe that 13k difference is deleted accounts?

pretend edit: so it looks like 16385 members have at least one post. probably all of those are not bots, and it seems reasonable to me to say that someone who never posted was never really here in the first place, and therefore couldn't have left
even at the peak of users online at one time (1608), that was only like 10%, and all the rest can be assumed to have left by the time that happened
the average online per day is about 400, and that may be skewed by rare occurences of numbers like 1608, but even that is only around 2.5%
so a lot of people have left
there are probably a good deal of players who have died but we just don't know because in the real world parents don't post on forums about the deaths of their kids
the "crude death rate" for the world is apparently 7.89, and in the US specifically it's like 8.15 so it'd probably be fair to meet halfway and say about 8 of every thousand members has died per year
I don't have any way to reliably estimate how many users are genuine vs bots, but there are definitely at least a few thousand genuine users, so
yea
gives us a pretty reasonable estimate of like 131 forum users having died

most of these would probably be no-name, <100 posts users, so it seems unlikely that anyone really well-known who disappeared actually died. but you never know