[NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018

Author Topic: [NEWS] Bill Proposed to Dismantle Department of Education by 2018  (Read 5550 times)

i doubt this is going to pass but if it does we are quadruple forgeted

Is current education working anyways?

do you think religious schooling is a viable alternative?

eh. it works alright? i guess? could use some work.

i do think it's important that there's some federal oversight of the education system for several reasons. i think the dept. of education's work enforcing laws against discrimination, loveual assault, etc. is important for everyone. i also think it's important that there's a consistent quality of curriculum between states so that the average high school graduate from alabama is ideally just as capable as the average graduate from california, which important to individuals who don't want to be cheated out of a good education because their state sucks, and to employers who want to be sure that people with a high school diploma actually have the qualifications they think they do

and i'm sure there's a lot of inflated stuff about the dept of education that could be pulled back, but i don't think abolishing it or taking its abilities to do those things is ultimately a good decision for anyone. education is probably one of the best economic investments a government can make

>has literally no relevant qualifications as education secretary
>billionaire that has donated millions to GOP

swain the dramp

This is what happens when you appoint someone to a position they have zero qualifications for. Expect the same to happen to the EPA with Scott Pruit's appointment.

This is what happens when you appoint someone to a position they have zero qualifications for. Expect the same to happen to the EPA with Scott Pruit's appointment.
i agree with what you're sayin, tho devos and this proposal are separate things that coincidentally occurred at the same time (or maybe not, could be that the devos shenanigans prompted the proposal, but devos isn't responsible here)

i agree with what you're sayin, tho devos and this proposal are separate things that coincidentally occurred at the same time (or maybe not, could be that the devos shenanigans prompted the proposal, but devos isn't responsible here)

True enough, but I wouldn't expect the Department of Education to continue in its current state with her at the helm even if this bill wasn't proposed.

smh why cant we just worship the god-emperor of mankind in peace?

It doesn't matter because she'll have to fire and replace everyone in the Department of Education before they deconstruct themselves.

''religious education''
huh. thats a thing in germany actually, they teach religion in a class.
its boring mostly but i wouldnt mind

''religious education''
huh. thats a thing in germany actually, they teach religion in a class.
its boring mostly but i wouldnt mind
yes but having it as the national standard raises some ethical questions

esp considering the fact a non-trivial number of christian schools dont believe in certain facets of science.

or you know... donald Annoying Orange to president of the united states

Hi there, Libertarian here.

This is a very loving bad idea