[Map] Planet

Author Topic: [Map] Planet  (Read 16520 times)

How do you do collision stuff with .dts files in belnder?

How do you do collision stuff with .dts files in belnder?
name meshes col-###

Will maps make a return now?

Holy stuff dude if you an do this with Bedroom...

Will maps make a return now?

Holy stuff dude if you an do this with Bedroom...
already been done

does this have better performance with a large number of vehicles than staticmaps do? because if so yes please

does this have better performance with a large number of vehicles than staticmaps do? because if so yes please
I assume since it still loads in DTS models with collision like Static Maps, it's probably the same in that sense, but this map has less polygons and less detailed collision than ones like the Bedroom, so that's probably what would make this perform better

static maps is just a system that loads a set of static shapes. this just loads a set of static shapes as soon as the server loads. it will be exactly the same performance-wise.

foo

wish static shapes worked better with vehicles

Oh, I see the code. It does load up the .dts shapes and once loaded sets their position to a certain spot. Its cool, but I'm sure it's a pain to do though. Maps might be coming back!

The amount of people that don't know about this method is stunning

The amount of people that don't know about this method is stunning
I think its because this is the first staticshape addon in the actual add-ons board instead of the modification help board

wait i'm confused does this use the same method that those staticshape maps use without the prefix or the gui or is this something different

Will you fall off the edge?

wait i'm confused does this use the same method that those staticshape maps use without the prefix or the gui or is this something different
This just loads up some DTS files and set the environment to a space-like environment upon spawning into your game, there is no GUI

Will you fall off the edge?
Yes, the planet isn't solid, just the ground inside it is