[News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street

Author Topic: [News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street  (Read 6910 times)

Well I guess this can be a testament to how reliable your judgement is. If you think everything I said is baseless, then you've already made my argument for me.

Sorry but stuff like this

Republicans, aka the "forget poor people" party
Democrats are basically the "everyone else" party.

1. Doesn't even make sense
2. Isn't helping anything other than this perpetual jerk off that starts up every time Republicans don't do something 10/10

um

um what

1) millions of kids
2) just because you dont watch something doesn't mean its immediately worth destroying

Don't put words in my mouth richardhead.
Most of the kids I have been around don't watch PBS. They don't really care for that "educational" stuff anymore. They mostly play on tablets or watch regular cartoons. So when I say who even watches that anymore, I mean it's not even relevant anymore, and just because some millions of kids watch it doesn't mean it needs to be paid for by the government, that's.. dumb. I mean, I don't care if it's funded or not, I just don't see why it matters.

um what

Don't put words in my mouth richardhead.
Most of the kids I have been around don't watch PBS. They don't really care for that "educational" stuff anymore. They mostly play on tablets or watch regular cartoons. So when I say who even watches that anymore, I mean it's not even relevant anymore, and just because some millions of kids watch it doesn't mean it needs to be paid for by the government, that's.. dumb. I mean, I don't care if it's funded or not, I just don't see why it matters.
200 million people think PBS is relevant and watch it and think it matters. 68% of all kids between 2-8 years old watched PBS during 2015-16 seasons. that's a lot of 'relevance' if you ask me

as for the funding, it's an educational program, which is 10x more important than the other things that are currently being funded in billions of dollars, like Annoying Orange tower and Annoying Orange's trips everywhere. it's not even a tradeoff to cut PBS, it's just a net loss for everyone

200 million people think PBS is relevant and watch it and think it matters. 68% of all kids between 2-8 years old watched PBS during 2015-16 seasons. that's a lot of 'relevance' if you ask me

as for the funding, it's an educational program, which is 10x more important than the other things that are currently being funded in billions of dollars, like Annoying Orange tower and Annoying Orange's trips everywhere. it's not even a tradeoff to cut PBS, it's just a net loss for everyone

68% of WHAT KIDS? Where are your sources for these numbers??? Government doesn't fund Annoying Orange's tower? He pays... for that him- are you loving trolling what is this

like Annoying Orange tower and Annoying Orange's trips everywhere.

Since when has there been federal funding to this

200 million people think PBS is relevant and watch it and think it matters.

68% of WHAT KIDS? Where are your sources for these numbers??? Government doesn't fund Annoying Orange's tower? He pays... for that him- are you loving trolling what is this
http://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/overview/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/news/protecting-donald-Annoying Orange/

Since when has there been federal funding to this
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paying-president-Annoying Oranges-travel-security-costs/story?id=45572927

Isn't helping anything other than this perpetual jerk off that starts up every time Republicans don't do something 10/10

So disagreeing with the actions and statements of the party that controls house, senate and executive office is circlejerking? Are you serious right now? I grew up on PBS and have personally seen the very real effects of what happens when planned parenthood is defunded (Hint: it ain't loving good). I have a pretty good base on my opinions here, I'd say.

But no, it's obviously me circlejerking because I'm a huge whiny liberal who votes republican consistently. forget me for being concerned, right? Everything is so black and white to you people. There's no room for the "Let down by his party consistently" dynamic for your brain lobes. Christ...

http://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/overview/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/news/protecting-donald-Annoying Orange/
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/paying-president-Annoying Oranges-travel-security-costs/story?id=45572927

"While the travel is not unprecedented or inherently improper, the Annoying Orange presidency does pose a highly unusual –- and undeniably costly -– logistical and security dynamic given Annoying Orange's multiple homes in expensive locations and four active adult children who each require security protection."
You make it sound like he's abusing government funds. Dude is just going down to his winter home. During the winter. Oh noooooo.
And as for PBS, if they have such a large viewership they should be fine with ad revenue.

"While the travel is not unprecedented or inherently improper, the Annoying Orange presidency does pose a highly unusual –- and undeniably costly -– logistical and security dynamic given Annoying Orange's multiple homes in expensive locations and four active adult children who each require security protection."
You make it sound like he's abusing government funds. Dude is just going down to his winter home. During the winter. Oh noooooo.
And as for PBS, if they have such a large viewership they should be fine with ad revenue.

Here's an informative article on the matter
http://chrisxschmidt.blogspot.com/2012/10/disclosure-i-work-for-wgbh-educational.html

As is, federal funding for programs like NOVA (where I work) bring with them very severe conflict-of-interest restrictions. Obviously, we don't take paid advertising. We are also not allowed to seek corporate funding for programs that could be seen to directly promote the interests or brand of a specific funder. In short, we are not permitted to exhibit any conscious bias for or against any political position or commercial enterprise.  We do science and we endeavor to stick to that.

If federal funding were pulled -- those restrictions would be lifted to some extent. Presumably we would have more leeway to find ways to finance ourselves and the rest of the PBS network. (Due to the non-profit status of WGBH and other stations, plenty of other restrictions would still apply).

We would enter into direct competition for advertising dollars with other outlets -- particularly the non-fiction cable networks. Would we be able to attract enough advertiser dough to stay afloat? Would that new revenue stream alter the quality or substance of our content?

Here's an informative article on the matter
http://chrisxschmidt.blogspot.com/2012/10/disclosure-i-work-for-wgbh-educational.html

Well that makes sense. If the other guy would've started with this I would've understood.

So disagreeing with the actions and statements of the party that controls house, senate and executive office is circlejerking? Are you serious right now? I grew up on PBS and have personally seen the very real effects of what happens when planned parenthood is defunded (Hint: it ain't loving good). I have a pretty good base on my opinions here, I'd say.

But no, it's obviously me circlejerking because I'm a huge whiny liberal who votes republican consistently. forget me for being concerned, right? Everything is so black and white to you people. There's no room for the "Let down by his party consistently" dynamic for your brain lobes. Christ...

Put the shoe on the other foot for a second here. If president Clinton wanted to do the exact same thing and I were saying the same things you were, what would you be telling me?
There's definitely a side to the GOP that's doesn't like poor people but it's not a broad "they hate poor people" as you seem to be making it out to be.
Defunding PP is a completely unrelated issue because there are moral reasons from defunding a place that performs thousands of abortions a year. I'd be really loving surprised if I found someone who wanted to defund them because they provide birth control

Dude is just going down to his winter home. During the winter. Oh noooooo.

In all honesty he'd probably go down there in spring

yeah but fixing stuff so people can have jobs and earn from those jobs isnt hating poor people.
and handing out free money for a lifetime isnt loving poor people.

snowflakes are confused on that. they dont want anything improved, they just want handouts. for themselves or for others.

Put the shoe on the other foot for a second here. If president Clinton wanted to do the exact same thing and I were saying the same things you were, what would you be telling me?

I'd probably be upset that Clinton won and was doing such a superfluous budget cut to something I care about and agree with you. Did you even read what I said?

There's definitely a side to the GOP that's doesn't like poor people but it's not a broad "they hate poor people" as you seem to be making it out to be.

I dunno, they've had a pretty consistent track record of screwing over the elderly and the poor with their decisions.

Defunding PP is a completely unrelated issue

It's straight up what I was responding to. Planned Parenthood aids a lot of low income families deal with matters such as unwanted pregnancies and providing birth control and guidance to young adults who are way in over their head. It was really unfortunate that they caught a lot of stuff over the fake abortion video nonsense, because their existence only did good for this country.

yeah but fixing stuff so people can have jobs and earn from those jobs isnt hating poor people.
and handing out free money for a lifetime isnt loving poor people.

snowflakes are confused on that. they dont want anything improved, they just want handouts. for themselves or for others.

See this is why I think you're an idiot, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Federal budgets to keep an educational station in a state where they don't have to compete in an extremely competitive market because it directly benefits american children isn't a "Handout"

This is a completely superfluous budget cut, there's no reason to cut it because the money being given to the station is already well invested, the station is doing exactly what they set out to do with what it looks like absolutely no problems. I don't see a reason to pull funding out of PBS, and you haven't done a good job of convincing me otherwise with this "Dam libruls!" bullstuff
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 05:22:27 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

my post had nothing to do with PBS lol
you missed some other conversation going on.

silly libtard