[News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street

Author Topic: [News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street  (Read 6925 times)

Okay how many have cable?
This

Having a TV =/= having the means to use it

as of dec. 2014 53,700,000 people are under a cable subscription and 13,200,000 people are using telecom

Okay how many have cable?

OTA broadcasting is still a thing so no cable required.  PBS is pretty much available everywhere in the US with just an antenna

OTA broadcasting is still a thing so no cable required.  PBS is pretty much available everywhere in the US with just an antenna

It was shut down here in Canada around 5 years ago. Haven't had tv since

OTA broadcasting is still a thing so no cable required.  PBS is pretty much available everywhere in the US with just an antenna
yeah except most support for antenna TV was discontinued in the US in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television_transition_in_the_United_States

So we're willing to spend money on a wall that will do nothing, but not inexpensive television programming that enriches the lives of children?

when's the part where america gets great

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television_transition_in_the_United_States
OTA broadcasting still works just fine, though. most newer tvs include digital tuners.

Did you read that at all? NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, CW and PBS still are doing OTA and they all reach at least 95% of households so that seems pretty well supported to me.

It was shut down here in Canada around 5 years ago. Haven't had tv since

That's not true, they switched to digital just like the US.  Just because it's not an brown townog signal doesn't mean it's not still OTA.

But even if Canada didn't have OTA, what the forget does that have to do with the US?

Your political compass test was green wasn't it?

It leaned heavily towards center, and the test doesn't really reflect on a lot of US policies and issues, so it really doesn't mean anything.

edit:

PBS hasnt been relevant to me for a long time

FTFY. It is still widely available and popular. It is pretty certain that defunding it's small yearly budget will needlessly sink the channel, I even linked an informative article on the matter earlier.  There is literally no reason to cutting the funding except like I said earlier, more completely superfluous tax cuts that ultimately don't save any sort of substantial funds at the end of the year.

Seriously though
...for those people saying "b-b-but it's educational!"

This sort of condescending crap is what leads me to believe you don't know what you're talking about here. The channel's availability is what makes it useful, the fact that the small budget it gets year-round keeps it from having to compete on the television market is why it's useful for educational exposure to kids. There is no reason to cut it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:16:10 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

I'm starting to think that's not going to happen

So we're willing to spend money on a wall that will do nothing, but not inexpensive television programming that enriches the lives of children?

haha yeah dude forget border security am i right haha

Spending the budget on border security and not a wall would have been great!

you don't need to build a giant loving wall to patrol a loving border

building the wall and border security are two different things. one builds a useless object that people can climb over or dig under, and the other employs skilled human labor to monitor and stop people from climbing or digging

some conservatives never want to solve the problem from the source. always the superficial solution, the one that costs th most money, does the least amount of good and is the least sustainable
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:41:50 PM by PhantOS »