Author Topic: Finished Gamemode map, but whats next?  (Read 959 times)

So I finally finished this Overwatch CP inspired map that's been outfitted with pathing for bots (that talk and have Ults) and a custom slayer game-mode. It's loads of fun to play even at these early stages, and I'd like to share that fun. I'd upload the map here, but there's a big problem. The add-ons, especially the weapons and playertypes, have been heavily modded by me to better suit the game-mode and resemble Overwatch as much as I'm smart enough to do. How would I go about setting up this game-mode for download? Never done it before, so I'm in need of some help. OR, would it be possible to set up a server that runs itself when I ain't around? Never did that before either.

Basically, I want folks to experience this build with everything I have in it as it is. How could I do that?

The add-ons, especially the weapons and playertypes, have been heavily modded by me to better suit the game-mode and resemble Overwatch as much as I'm smart enough to do. How would I go about setting up this game-mode for download?
I could help you with integrating the add-ons into your gamemode, similar to my DeathMatch and FASTKarts gamemodes, and what The Golden Wrench did. This will enable your gamemode to be "plug and play," players would only need to download your gamemode to play it. They wouldn't need to mess with other add-ons to get it working. However, I don't know how to integrate music, prints, decals, or faces.

OR, would it be possible to set up a server that runs itself when I ain't around? Never did that before either.
You could run a Dedicated server. This is how I host my FASTKarts server:
Quote from: dedicated FASTKarts.bat
start BlocklandLauncher.exe -profilePath . -dedicated -gamemode FASTKarts

Replace FASTKarts with the name of your gamemode and put this code into a BAT file in the root of a Blockland installation.

What this does is open a command prompt window that hosts the server, you can leave this running without issue.

Basically what crispy said. For more info on packaging gamemodes check here

Thanks guys! I'm gonna keep workin' on it and figure this out. I feel like it would be a better idea to just let folks download it though, so when you said you could help me with that, did you mean you would package it for me, or did you mean for me to find that game-mode add-on that actually creates your game-mode and files it into a folder in-game?

did you mean for me to find that game-mode add-on that actually creates your game-mode and files it into a folder in-game?

I wasn't aware of such an add-on. I offered to help you package it up into your gamemode. Feel free to PM me the gamemode/the addons if you're fine with me doing this. :)