why aren't there any tutorials on building nicely?

Author Topic: why aren't there any tutorials on building nicely?  (Read 3638 times)

I'm going off of what other people said, also I don't understand why people think they can watch tutorials and think they suddenly are an expert.
You need to actually do it, not only one.  MULTIPLE times, and every time the product will get better.

Like others said, practice.  I've joined in July of 2010 and this was my first build:
(Ive literally built it in front of a building I'm working on right now but whatever, I remade this to the best of my memory and I DO remember building it on the slopes, and I put as many trees as I could before exceeding the BL Demo brick limit)

My point I am trying to make is, practice makes you improve, just compare my work now to that image above.
I have been practicing building for several hours every day for years, and sometimes full days even.  Not because I wanted to be the best builder, but I just liked building and I got such a kick out of it, and I still do today.  I love creating in this game, even tho the engine limits are infuriating at times.

But yeah, this is practically an art form, and ALL art forms need practice to gain improvement.

I just did this. I hope it helps
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=307894.0
tutorials like this are really nice. i see where people are coming from saying that you have to just practice yourself, but for some things its nice to have some tips and tricks that give you new ideas on how to improve

Even when Brick was a newbie he still built better than most of us

hr hr let me just explain how to build because my building is better than yours.

build how you want to build.

Because there is no need for one aside from tips.

tutorials like this are really nice. i see where people are coming from saying that you have to just practice yourself, but for some things its nice to have some tips and tricks that give you new ideas on how to improve
that's not a tutorial though, it's a reference

I think there was a building tutorial on steam by chengi that was meant to help improve your building skills.

Thanks! Ive been meaning to put out content like that for a while.
Just haven't had the time to.

could make tuto but my english insn't good
rip

rip

Better than some here...

rip

This is the blf you're talking about

rip
wait is english not ur first language

i never noticed (not trying to sound sarcastic :P)

No one is going to make a 50 page instruction booklet on how to build their builds.

You can always look at lego booklets that's what I do when I get bored.

start out by building off by reference pictures then when you're done with it shift and add what you want
eventually you can just build

No one is going to make a 50 page instruction booklet on how to build their builds.

You can always look at lego booklets that's what I do when I get bored.
why havent i thought of this