Zeustal (Postal) ID: 1768 - Do not give Discord or server control to him

Author Topic: Zeustal (Postal) ID: 1768 - Do not give Discord or server control to him  (Read 4788 times)

This is my first real drama on the forums. I don't like to bring up stuff on anyone but the amount of stupidity that has happened in the last 10 minutes, and historically, is astounding.

Zeustal is fine person, pretty chill in general, but he tends to make terrible or extremely questionable decisions/joke bans at times. Despite telling him to lay off he still occasionally does it with extremely bad timing (eg joke banning someone pissed at him) and I had to come in and fix things when it happens.

The thing that made me write this drama though is that on my server, Pah installed a discord bot that records server chat and sends it to my discord server, under the #server-chat tag. While Zeustal and I were chilling in my server, he asks if I want to "remake server chat" - being the goofster who likes to screw with ingame code, I said sure, and overwrite the serverCmdMessageSent function.

Apparently he wanted to remove the chat history about us talking about futa n stuff. Not sure why he didn't think of just deleting those posts...

Zeustal, however, was actually talking about the discord channel that records the chat on my server (which is titled #server-chat). He then goes and deletes the channel, without confirming that I understand he means the discord channel, with all of the chatlogs and images and links and information posted into it over the past month.
When asked "why would i /ever/ want to delete server chat", he had no response.

Needless to say I revoked his discord admin privileges. He's not a terrible guy, but he makes /really/ questionable decisions without thinking them through, especially when drunk. I strongly caution against giving him admin privileges when you have something serious going on.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 10:39:16 PM by Conan »

I was there when it happened, and I'm not surprised he did something this dumb. He acts like a richardhead all the time, lol

i'll be sure to force him to do 50 extra pushups at our next lazytown exercise-a-thon

no one's an starfish in lazy town!

Feels great when you think you've already settled things, then you find a drama about yourself.

Discord isn't related to Blockland though.

Tony can't read guys

Is this case it is, since the discord bot reads and records blockland chat logs.

don't do this.

this guy doesn't that bad, but yeah he needs to stop with these jokes.

don't do this.

this guy doesn't that bad, but yeah he needs to stop with these jokes.

Who are you again?

Feels great when you think you've already settled things, then you find a drama about yourself.

Protip then: Don't be a rooster with your admin privileges.

I would have deadmned him the first time I saw him make a "joke" ban, If a cop arrests someone and then claims its a ""Joke"" they would have to turn in their gun and badge, same thing for administrating, if I see someone abusing their power then i will take away their admin.

Of course, joke banning friends is different, but banning guests for random reasons is a sign that you are not mature enough to hold any significant power over a server.