Server_GroundCollision - better ground collision

Author Topic: Server_GroundCollision - better ground collision  (Read 4234 times)

This add-on creates an invisible object on top of the ground which has better collision than the default ground.
   By default this only extends 10000 units in every direction.
      Modify $Pref::Server::BGroundColSize if you need it to go further.

Use BGroundCol.setHidden(1); and BGroundCol.setHidden(0); if you want to test the difference between default ground and this improved ground.
   I suggest using the magic carpet as a test vehicle.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5j5fb2fzb85zc7d/Server_GroundCollision.zip

Hm, i know this could be good for vehicles and such, but is there any other point to get this?

Otherwise, this will come quite in handy.

While i would say "How much lag does this make?" its only one object and probably does as much lag as one 1x1f or even less.

While i would say "How much lag does this make?" its only one object and probably does as much lag as one 1x1f or even less.
well probably less since it doesnt even have to render the 10-20 faces
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:08:49 PM by Swollow »

no more jeep humping ground

a GROUNDBREAKING addon

If you want this to be even less laggy I highly suggest using TSStatic class instead as opposed to Static Shape.
TSStatic has even less methods since it is supposed to be used by maps, so.

If you want this to be even less laggy I highly suggest using TSStatic class instead as opposed to Static Shape.
TSStatic has even less methods since it is supposed to be used by maps, so.

That won't make any difference.

Besides, TSStatic was only supposed to be used by maps - their resources won't be added to the file manifest correctly.

does this also fix glitching through the ground when jet jumping as a tiny?

does this also fix glitching through the ground when jet jumping as a tiny?
I didn't even know about that glitch.

I just tested it and no- it does not fix that. :c

But this will help.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zi736nd421tqeqa/Server_GitBackUpHerez.zip

It makes a trigger zone below the ground.  Upon entering the zone, a player is teleported back up to the surface.  Kinda like what the default ground does for vehicles.
It also cancels out vertical movement at the same time.  So you won't get that weird teleporting up and down effect that vehicles get. :P
The trigger goes 10000 units in each direction.

But this will help.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zi736nd421tqeqa/Server_GitBackUpHerez.zip

It makes a trigger zone below the ground.  Upon entering the zone, a player is teleported back up to the surface.  Kinda like what the default ground does for vehicles.
It also cancels out vertical movement at the same time.  So you won't get that weird teleporting up and down effect that vehicles get. :P
The trigger goes 10000 units in each direction.
What happens if I build up my defacto speed for 12 hours to travel to the next QPU, bypassing the trigger?