Author Topic: Would making blockland F2P make the game more popular?  (Read 2675 times)

EXCESSIVE libertinism
You make it sound like robloxians are remaking The 120 Days of Sodom.

it would be easier for problem users to come right back into blockland and stir stuff, as well as the forums

They wont be bad if you control them.

The problem of Roblox is they give EXCESSIVE libertinism to their users.

You aren't making any sense here. It's not like it's possible to "control" a million of players that just go and make a new free account if you try to ban them.

They wont be bad if you control them.

The problem of Roblox is they give EXCESSIVE libertinism to their users.

sounds like roblox

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:00:17 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

i'll actually put my opinion out here: i dont think it should be f2p. however i don't see any other way to regularly attract players and increase the chances of increasing the community size.

just because its f2p doesnt mean stuffters will stick around. they'll almost certainly show up, but unless there really is content for them to stuff on they'll probably forget off to some other game. the goal is to make people who dont want to/cant drop $10 on the game but otherwise may try it out and stick around to do so. f2p wont really help in this regard though, and it will wreak havoc on the forum account system.

You aren't making any sense here. It's not like it's possible to "control" a million of players that just go and make a new free account if you try to ban them.

If you think is impossible then explain me how do the others forums address these issues?

If you think is impossible then explain me how do the others forums address these issues?

they really dont? most forums have a controllable size, and the only one i can think of that would have millions of people posting would be the roblox forums, which are barely moderated at all.

you guys act like getting more moderators isn't possible lol. if the forums and game got that much bigger, obviously more staff would be brought on

you guys act like getting more moderators isn't possible lol. if the forums and game got that much bigger, obviously more staff would be brought on

How many moderators does Roblox have

The whole moderation subject has been brought up several times.

Badspot isn't going to make any more users moderators, otherwise he would've long ago.

How many moderators does Roblox have
not really relevant because, as far as i know, roblox forums are absolute garbage and aren't moderated well to start with. ive never been on them so correct me if im wrong. point is, doesn't mean it can't be done well. obv the forums wouldn't be so micro-managed by badspot, and there'd be more annoying users because of a larger player base, but i don't see why any of this means you can't manage a large forum

not to mention bl still wouldn't get to the size of minecraft or roblox tbh, so the forums would still be manageable by a few staff
The whole moderation subject has been brought up several times.

Badspot isn't going to make any more users moderators, otherwise he would've long ago.
obviously not because, as far as we know, he's not planning on doing anything more with the game/there's no need for more moderators. we're talking about in the event that the game became f2p, not the game as it is. if badspot made the game f2p and wanted to keep some sort of quality control over the forums, i don't think he'd be so hellbent on the idea of not adding more moderators

the "Muh roblox !" argument is bunk, really. that game is more targeted towards younger people. i know i said BL is targeted for younger audiences, but honestly it attracts much more mature people with aspects like eventing and modding. plus, immature/ annoying behavior is dealt with accordingly by the community and the moderators.