How Much Are You Willing to Spend on a Game?

Poll

/title

$5-10 only
2 (3%)
No more than $10-$20
13 (19.7%)
No More than $20-$40
32 (48.5%)
just take my money...
19 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: How Much Are You Willing to Spend on a Game?  (Read 3994 times)

Hey, guys. So my friends and I were in a conversation, overall, we are pretty cheap when it comes to gaming.

For me personally, I am not willing to pay anymore than $15-$20 for a game. I tend to go cheap on my gaming collection. This is partly why I love Steam, Gameboy Advance, and all kinds of retro games alike. On Steam there are all kinds of sales that sometimes are brought down to 90% off, at flea markets and/or swap-meets, I find high-praised gameboy advanced games from free to at the most, $5.

So how much are you willing to spend on a game and/or console? 

well it really depends on how much i want the game
if it's reeeaaaallly good then probably $60 max but otherwise somewhere around $20-40 depending on the game would be where i draw the line
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:58:40 PM by gr8dayseth »

ive bought like 2 games for $60 on release, other than that i won't spend more than forty. i don't buy a lot of games so im not super stingy with price, i don't think im even over 30 games on steam

Normally, $45 is about my max. But, I have a soft spot for some game series, like Forza. I paid something like $100 to get Forza Horizon 3 to get it with all the passes and it was totally worth it tbh.

edit: somehow double posted my bad
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:04:06 AM by Willco2 »

$40 is probably the most i am willing to buy a game for factory packaged

I don't like spending $60 on AAA titles, and I also don't like spending $20 on indie games, especially early access games. I generally am only willing to spend $20-40 if i know ill enjoy the game. I get pissed if its something like god damn Firewatch which is $15 for a stuffty art """""game""""

On the other hand ive probably spent well over $300 on a single mmo for sub fees alone sooo

I went ahead and spent 80 dollars on Nier:Automata

No Regrets.

I went ahead and spent 80 dollars on Nier:Automata

No Regrets.

Android ass might make me consider spending full price, idk

if I had any form of income? For the standard AAA title, $70 (AUD, worth less than USD or EUR). as it stands I can only usually spend around $ 30-40

For an indie i'll probably go 20, unless its the next Terraria I don't get much for my money out of them

$1-120

In the past I've definitely paid $100 for a AAA game. For games like battlefield I do end up buying into additional things like the shortcut packages that unlock all the guns. I'm OK with the concept because I've got the money but am time poor.

$1-120

In the past I've definitely paid $100 for a AAA game. For games like battlefield I do end up buying into additional things like the shortcut packages that unlock all the guns. I'm OK with the concept because I've got the money but am time poor.

Yeah the trade off when buying games is usually time vs money.

I'd be willing to spend on a game where I feel that it will be actually worth it.