Author Topic: Building de_dust2 in Blockland! (*Counter-Strike fans rejoice*)  (Read 5864 times)

Hello everyone!

The other day I was playing some CS:GO on one of my favorite maps: de_dust2.
After 2 good games, I was quite happy and decided to close the game, as to prevent any form of anger,
provoked by some not so awesome teammates from eastern europe.
So as I wonder what I am going to play next, I scroll through my Steam library, until I catch a
glance of a game I haven't played in ages. The good ol' Blockland. So I launch the game and start wondering
what to do. After messing around with some Add-ons, I got the idea to rebuild something out of
CS:GO, and what could be better then the (arguably) most iconical map of the series.

Even though this is quite a big project (at least for me), at the time of me writing this, there are only 2 active builders. That means it will
probably take a good 1-2 weeks until the map is done. Recently I've seen help from a few nice guys, which
reduces the amount of work. The biggest help so far was Sonokido, so shoutout to him!
He was not the only one though, so I will list everyone that provided notable help with building the map, when I release it.
That brings me to my next point. Yes, the map will be available for download and use for everbody.

Assitance is appreciated! You should have at least a basic level of building skills. Actually knowing the map is also helpful.
If you are interested in helping, just keep your eyes open for the server "iDubstep's Building de_dust2!".

AND NOW: SCREENSHOTS! (DAY 3, 25.03.2017)

Mid-door area (if you don't look too closely, it almost looks finished)

Overview of Mid & Short

Overview of the entire map

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:41:32 PM by iDubstep »

- Reserved -

(just in case)

Very nice! Everything looks to have great scaling to the actual map.

Very nice! Everything looks to have great scaling to the actual map.

Thank you!
The aim was to emulate the feel of CS:GO as closely as possible, while still taking the
gameplay into account (especially the jumping height and player clipping are important to consider).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:31:30 PM by iDubstep »

The aim was to emulate the feel of CS:GO as closely as possible, while still taking the
gameplay into account (especially the jumping height and player clipping are important to consider).
You've done very well so far. Hope to be able to play on some CS server in the near future.

cool, I remember playing on this map about a year ago on blockland. I thought it was finished?

My buddy Slim Shady built de_dust2 in blockland

cool, I remember playing on this map about a year ago on blockland. I thought it was finished?

there're several versions built in the past years, it's not the most original idea

oh ok

although yes its been done a few times id say this is one of the better looking versions, i like it so far

Sounds cool, post the save?

Well, it would not surprise me if someone ever built this map before. This iteration is constructed
from scratch though.

there're several versions built in the past years, it's not the most original idea

I kind of expected that. Is there any version of it on the forums though?
Because I couldn't find it. The only "version" I could find is this one, though it's very old and not too acurate.

although yes its been done a few times id say this is one of the better looking versions, i like it so far

Thanks alot!

I'd like to help.

Were you not on the server before?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 02:44:01 PM by iDubstep »

looking really good!

in future, use for dividers, it looks like this:

looking really good!

in future, use for dividers, it looks like this:

Ahh thank you! Very useful :)