This NEWS garbage needs to stop

Author Topic: This NEWS garbage needs to stop  (Read 9587 times)

First off, I'm going to be blunt, I'm a biased motherforgeter. I actually deliver newspapers. I've done it my entire life. I'm not trying to be funny when I say "my mother was delivering papers while I was in the womb", because that happened. I have a high respect for the news. That said,

This is cancer. This is actual loving spam, being thrown on Off Topic without a second thought. It pisses me off I can't turn my head two degrees without seeing some two-bit richardhole posting some irrelevant picture and calling it 'news' while passing it off as a story. It's gotten to the point where it's expected. "What can ya do" and stuff. It shouldn't be. Spam shouldn't be expected. This is only covering idiots like Piecrust that think they're funny. They're stupid, but they aren't actively harmful.

Then there's people like Tony. I don't know him. I have no idea why he's disliked by the community at large. But refusing to put a loving source with your information and posting blatantly fake news that anyone with half a brain and see is bending the truth, over exaggerated, or flat-out made up, refusing to offer any kind of apology without even the decency to lock his own godsdammed threads, honestly makes me question if he's doing this stuff on purpose or if he's actually so braindead he thinks a couple people making radical statements is millions of people demanding a country's figurehead embrace a bastardized version of a controversial religion. And this is assuming his sources- repeatedly claimed to be unreliable by several people- aren't lying through their teeth to start stuff.

This needs to loving stop. Anyone in agreement?

It needs to stop but users like kimon tony and matthew are too stubborn and wont change so you're pretty much wasting your time until badspot does something

Raising hell might get him to do something. The lords work in mysterious ways.

Raising hell might get him to do something. The lords work in mysterious ways.
oof ouch the edge haha  :cookieMonster:

oof ouch the edge haha  :outdatedmeme:
Attempting to disprove a point by slapping the label 'edgy' on it doesn't affect the statement in any way. Credit where credit is due, Blues Brothers 2000 is a stuff movie to quote.

Credit where credit is due, Blues Brothers 2000 is a stuff movie to quote.
wasn't even worth watching, let alone remind people about it

I think it's worth watching just to see how bad they forget things up. This isn't a Blues Brothers 2000 topic though, hate to break off what could be a much happier discussion but you gotta eat your cabbage before you can have your ice cream.

can we start using [REAL NEWS] to signify that it's a real news topic, and [FAKE NEWS] when its fake personal spam topic

I wouldn't mind that, to be honest. I don't trust the people here for two seconds not to abuse the system, but if that was how it worked, I'd be happy.

how does toxicology's richard taste
Like nothing because I don't suck his rooster

can we start using [REAL NEWS] to signify that it's a real news topic, and [FAKE NEWS] when its fake personal spam topic
yea i'm sure that'd work

I'm not really trying to scare anyone there, so it just looks like you like to quote me

Are you coming on to me?